HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Not to hijack, but I am having this same question also- as I understand it, so long as semi-auto receiver and full-auto trigger pack can NOT be joined together, you're in the clear. If you remove the shelf on the receiver, or modify the factory full-auto pack to fit over the shelf, then you've assembled an illegal MG and are headed to prison. Considering buying up a MP5 parts kit but already have HKs in the safe, don't want to get in trouble for parts-kit full-auto trigger pack.

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Not to stir the pot, but I would like to see something stating this also. Not that you're wrong, I just hope I am right, ya know? After reading as much as I could, I was under the same impression, that the semi-auto shelf was the ATFs solution to prevent "readily convertible" MGs. Reason I ask is I have a Navy kit with ambi lower and don't want it to be an issue with my s/a clones. Granted it will be built up before long and be gone. But still, would like to see any ATF documents. One of these days someone should just write them and ask... but then again why invite The Man into your life?

· Registered
2,219 Posts
You really want to know? Write Tech Branch yourself and air out your question. Any letter you get is addressed to YOU alone. Too many people here think that somebody else's letter covers them. It does not. Any letter I get concerning a similar situation covers me and me alone. You want answers to YOUR situation... write your own letter and not only get your answer but get YOUR butt covered as well. You DO know that ATF has on numerous occasions just said, "Oh, screw it... we changed our minds. You don't have a letter from us? Well then, sucks to be you".
Friendly fire man. I dont have alot of experience with this, which is why I was asking. Dont want to get nailed for having semi clones with a f/a parts kit gun. Thats all. Thought the ruling was that the semi-shelf prevented it. Maybe I will write them and find out.

Thanks.

· Registered
2,219 Posts
I don't get where you're coming from. A drop in auto sear is just like a DLO trigger box. All you need is the FA trigger group and carrier in both cases.
I'd like you to demonstrate how a FA trigger box fits in a semi receiver. For this to happen, 1 of 2 things has to be true: FA box has to be illegally modified to fit OR receiver has to be missing the semi-auto shelf and be an illegal MG.

· Registered
2,219 Posts
The HK parts must be physically altered to get a semi to function selectively. That is manufacturing and requires licensure and registration.
A DLO trigger box is LEGALLY modified to to fit a semi receiver shelf and uses all german FA trigger group.
I totally get the legal side of how it works. We were talking about a semi receiver with a factory full-auto pack. If you have a DLO pack then it's a legal MG and you're good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.