HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking about purchasing an MP5 clone as I do not currently have the necessary $3500+ish to drop on the real deal. I am considering a Coharie that I will later SBR. It looks like the one below with the navy style lower.

Aside from swapping out most of the troublesome internals when necessary, I'd like to have a metal SEF or SF group in place of the navy one, and was wondering if they were all compatable and interchangable. If so, is this an easy switch and will it have any adverse affects on the performance of the weapon? What, if any, modifications are necessary? Thanks for any help or comments.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
The pack, which is only the trigger frame and internal parts is not exchangeable between the navy style and the SEF style grip frames, nor is the fire mode selector.

But the entire trigger group including the grip is completely interchangeable on any of the rifles. You just have to keep the trigger pack, grip frames, and selectors matched up.

The only things that must be switched even when going to different calibers are the ejector lever and the hammer spring. (The rifle hammer spring will work in a 9mm gun, but the 9mm spring will sometimes cause light primer strikes if used in a 91 or 93).

And yes, I know the grip frame tab is longer on the 91s, but I use my shorter 93/94 style burst pack on my 91 all the time without any problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts