HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question but here it is. I have always liked HK products and like most people have always wanted an mp5 in 9mm. (Semi auto of course lets not dream too big!)But for whatever reason they are near impossible to find and when you do they are 6-$8000! So I was very excited to hear about HK's new sp5 (I think thats what they call it)"Finally" I thought a new "mp5" that will actually be available for common folks to get. Then I saw the price tag. $3000! I'm all about paying for quality and have done so many times with guns and many other things but I just don't understand why the price is so high when you can literally get 3 hk pistols for this amount. I still dream of owning one but $3000 makes it out of reach.

·
Sheepdog in West Texas
1,735 Posts
Last I heard, about $2100 - $2500 was the going price. If you can't afford it, I DO understand.

Wait a while, the 'newness' will wear off and hopefully the price will drop.

Or the presidential election could cause the price to skyrocket and you will WISH you had the money to buy one at the $3k range.

Put your money down and take yo chances, isn't that what we all do in this crazy collectors world.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Price is all supply/demand and cost of goods.

the reason for the high price on the originals in not many were imported, and they were not super popular when they were available. Now that interest has grown, the small supply makes for a high price.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
For those who have fired a MP5, they understand the value of the three regular HK price points.
I also understand the hurt wallet when laying out that much coin.
For people with lighter wallets, on the seventh day, God created the clone or HK licensed MP5s.
My MKE Zenith reverse stretch is mighty fine and makes me smile every time I hold it and giggle every time she's out with me on the range.
The SP5K is in the works right now as it finally arrived at a price point I might be able to afford. $6+K for a SP89 for me is absurd. I'd rather save for a sear than pay that. We each have our own agendas, missions, uses and dreams.
However, many clones and licensed HKs are south of $2k and I just saw one for only $1200 in recent days. Shop around the classified and our supporting vendors. Good deals can be found.
If you must have a real HK... then save, save, save and perhaps you can catch up to their inflationary rises in value.
The most loved SMG for the past 50 years will never come cheap for the real thing.
Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You should be able to get one between $2200-$2500 but if not just save for a couple more months and get the firearm that you wan't

·
Registered
34,520 Posts
Welcome to the site--- if the HK SP5K is something that you really want, then save a little every month--- I expect prices to be in the $1,800.00- $1,900.00 range before long!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up a clone online for a heck of a deal. I ended up scoring a US parts kit in a POF receiver. Its fun and runs great at the range. And for the price difference, i could sbr it and buy a suppressor and both tax stamps! Good luck with your search.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts