HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ........and whats your opinion? Always wanted an SD just can't afford the original.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I bought mine about 3 years ago from DJ Getz on a group complete receiver close out buy. I have a Special Weapon's 89SD. It ran right out of the box. No issues. I run a RCM bcg and a RCM can. I use HK factory magazines. One of my favs and my wife absolutely loves it.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow nice setup I see the original claw and optic!!! hope to find one myself. seems the builders will only touch original HK's to modify or an original HKSD kit.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Man you really need to use the search function, there's a xxxx-ton of information already on the site in more than one thread. But don't feel too bad about this, you're not the only one......."Hi, I'm new, please tell me all about the P7".......and like multiple identical threads/identical questions......Here, let me Google that for you....

All that said, TPM Outfitters. You can pay less, but don't be surprised when your can won't line up in the shroud or whatever. Your SD is too important to be built by proven hacks with a history right up to the present day of problematic guns, who spend 3 hours on the build rather than 4 x that.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
TPM Outfitters have provided excellent service repairing 2 clones: Vector 53K & Coharie CA89-10. Ken & Matt are friendly guys that know what they are doing. Matt responds quickly to email.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Atlantic has Omega SD uppers in stock. For $1800, and what you get, it's a bargain. Then there's the TPM SD option which is slightly more expensive, but it's a finished gun. Then your 3rd option is custom build, which is the most expensive.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I bought mine about 3 years ago from DJ Getz on a group complete receiver close out buy. I have a Special Weapon's 89SD. It ran right out of the box. No issues. I run a RCM bcg and a RCM can. I use HK factory magazines. One of my favs and my wife absolutely loves it.

I haven't received my HK rug yet- are you sure it's shipped?! ;) Nice collection.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
What is the best suppressor to get? I think or guess today's are better then the original?
I like my RCM SD can.
I have a Omega SD can as well...heavy as stink.
I have a Knight's SD can in the werks.

I'd go RCM personally for the balance of $ and functionality

1 - 20 of 27 Posts