HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question (I hope):

I am buying a registered Fleming sear in an MP5K host, but I just found out that the serial number is engraved on both the receiver and the sear. Are they "married" in the sense that I cannot later remove the sear and put in another host, after registering the gun (with the sear number engraved on it) as a new SBR, so that I end up with both:

- A registered sear, able to be put in any host; and
- A registered SBR, able to be used independently of the registered sear

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lost

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I bought my sear installed in a Vollmer HK51, which was built of an HK91 and the sear number was engraved on the magwell of the firearm. Since the 51 started it's life as a HK 91 rifle, I had to register it as an SBR before I could use the sear in other hosts.

Since your host gun started it's life as a pistol, you may not need to divorce the sear. Check out section 4h on the Form 4 to see if there's any info noted.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Yours is just like mine but I have an S&H version, when fieldstripping your firearm make sure to remove the folding stock and vertical grip when the pack is removed from the receiver. And yes you can SBR the firearm in meantime as the others had mentioned. You just can't have the stock & vertical grip on the gun when the pack is uninstalled/separated from the firearm.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,101 Posts
Quick question (I hope):

I am buying a registered Fleming sear in an MP5K host, but I just found out that the serial number is engraved on both the receiver and the sear. Are they "married" in the sense that I cannot later remove the sear and put in another host, after registering the gun (with the sear number engraved on it) as a new SBR, so that I end up with both:

- A registered sear, able to be put in any host; and
- A registered SBR, able to be used independently of the registered sear

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lost
Was this you? MP5K with Fleming sear : Machine Guns at GunBroker.com if not care to share your details on acquisition?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Was this you? MP5K with Fleming sear : Machine Guns at GunBroker.com if not care to share your details on acquisition?
You are good! Yup, that's me. It's my second MP5, my first was an S&H MP5SD and I fell in love with that gun. HKs are the best, but I'm a fan of all select fires :) I'm trying to get 4 MP5s (one for each kid) but it's going to take a while to collect that many, for multiple reasons... <grin>

Speaking of which, if anyone ever has one for sale...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since your host gun started it's life as a pistol, you may not need to divorce the sear. Check out section 4h on the Form 4 to see if there's any info noted.
Thank you guys so much.

On 4h, it says that it "installed in Heckler & Koch MP5K serial number xxxxxx... " and then it lists the barrel length and OAL.

Does that change anything or am I still good to go?

The seller is checking to confirm that the sear is serialized. They think so, but don't know so. I assume that if its not, I've got a problem, but otherwise I can divorce away!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts