HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a few of these a while ago to give my HK94 clone a navy style pictogram housing, but still use the SEF trigger pack. Worked out very well along with the Magpul selector. I have acquired an SP89 clone and would like to modify one of these grips to fit the "K" size firearm. Can the metal piece at the rear be cut off, and a rear hole be added for the take down pin?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
So the ones linked take SEF trigger packs
They do, but there are caveats...
The axle hole is larger than a standard SEF selector. Some people made a bushing others just left it. Might not be an issue with an aftermarket selector. The polymer is slightly softer, mars easier and kinda gets a chalky look as it wears. The selector stop detents seem to wear over time and can make for less than positive stops. The "Clip and Pin" area requires some of the plastic moulding to be removed to receive the semi shelf. Not gonna get into who produced them but they are not HK. Had a couple a few years ago. In the end... converted the DLO packs to Ambi, switched all my stuff to Ambi and got rid of them.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
They do, but there are caveats...
The axle hole is larger than a standard SEF selector. Some people made a bushing others just left it. Might not be an issue with an aftermarket selector. The polymer is slightly softer, mars easier and kinda gets a chalky look as it wears. The selector stop detents seem to wear over time and can make for less than positive stops. The "Clip and Pin" area requires some of the plastic moulding to be removed to receive the semi shelf. Not gonna get into who produced them but they are not HK. Had a couple a few years ago. In the end... converted the DLO packs to Ambi, switched all my stuff to Ambi and got rid of them.
Todd Bailey correct

1 - 8 of 8 Posts