HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm sure this has been asked before, but how come hk has not made a commercially available tactical shotgun? i did see the caws prototype. i am however wondering is the tactical shotgun a uniquely american idea, or is thare some other reason hk has not blessed us with a proper shotgun.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i'm sure this has been asked before, but how come hk has not made a commercially available tactical shotgun? i did see the caws prototype. i am however wondering is the tactical shotgun a uniquely american idea, or is thare some other reason hk has not blessed us with a proper shotgun.
I dont know I see some HK Fabarms Tacticals and they are sweet... I was seriously deciding on buying one...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I took a look at one of those at the last gun show here, nice looking shotgun. I still can't say enough good stuff about my Benelli M4... and it's sort of in the HK family.

·
Super Moderator
4,386 Posts
HK has never seemed very interested in actually producing their own shotguns; however, realizing that many of their customers were also desirous of having a high-quality tactical 12gauge to go along with their other HK equipment--MP5's, UMP's, etc., they had seemed to try to forge a relationship with well-known Italian shotgun producers. They have, at various time, been partnered with Benelli and with Fabarm (there is no "s" in that name).

You'll find Benelli shotguns in this country both with and without the HK markings on them because weapons were brought into the U.S. during and after the partnership. You'll also find Fabarm shotguns both with and without the HK markings as well-for similar reasons. Benelli shotguns--especially the semiautos, are fantastic combat weapons. One of my former employers had 14" pistol-gripped M1 entry guns and they were magnificent. I also have nothing but good things to say about the HK/Fabarm semiautos, of which I personally own three. I've got two of the Tacticals and one older Gold Lion. The Gold Lion I picked up for next to nothing and it will be donated to the department, registered as an SBS and cut down to 14" for breaching/entry duty.

If you're going to purchase either an HK/Benelli or an HK/Fabarm, I don't think you'll go wrong at all, but keep this in mind: you'll have more selection with the Benelli (including spares) but you'll pay a good bit more than you will for the HK/Fabarm. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
What's wrong with the tried and true Winchester defender 1200 or 1300. I know they are pump. but if anyone on the planet doesn't know the fimular sound of a 12 gauge being racked, I would have to say that person is probally deaf. TJ

·
Super Moderator
4,386 Posts
What's wrong with the tried and true Winchester defender 1200 or 1300. I know they are pump. but if anyone on the planet doesn't know the fimular sound of a 12 gauge being racked, I would have to say that person is probally deaf. TJ
There's nothing wrong with them, Jim; however, the thread starter gets to choose his/her topic and he asked about HK shotguns. ;)

·
Registered
527 Posts
HK did not want to reinvent the wheel so to speak. First collaboration was the HK 512, very early 80's, made under contract by Franchi in Europe, some examples made it to the US.

Benelli was featured for the majority of the last 25 years; the original HK contracts with Benelli gave HK EXCLUSIVE marketing rights in the US of its products. Benelli wanted to push the high end stuff and HKI only wanted the defense type guns. Benelli finally broke away and formed a US division, (right next to Beretta in MD...) and are doing quite well in the US market, much better than when they were throttled by HKI.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe i'm out of touch or just overly enthusiastic about all things hk. i just can't see the shotgun market being covered so well that a company like hk could not make money in it. thanks for all the replys so far guys. i can't say enough how cool and helpful everyone on this board been.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts