HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been doing a little reading about the P30sk and P2000sk.
Still not sure which one I want on my short list.
Which one do you prefer and why?
Do you used it as a regular carry gun?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Have never shot the P2000SK but I own the P30SK V3. The grip is amazing and it is very comfortable to carry all day Appendix IWB.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I have both. The p30sk has a more conforming grip. The p2000sk is a great pistol. I shoot each with equal enjoyment. The 2000sk with full size mag and x grip feels as ergonomic as the p30/vp series. I'm happy with both of them.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am mainly a 9mm guy.

I can't even decided which I like better. USP9C or P2000?
So p2000ks or p30sk is just as tough. LOL
I like the feel of the p30 but the trigger on my usp40c is pretty good.

·
Registered
115 Posts
P30sk here. like the adjustable nature of the grip, also uses all my VP9 mags when needed.

had a P2000sk years ago for carry and then went into 1911's, now i am back to using HK's for carry and IDPA.

The P30sk is a great carry gun in LEM

·
Registered
153 Posts
I love my P2000SK 40 and had the match trigger parts installed. I don't like the rear decocker near as much as the left side decocker/ safety..

·
Priest of the P7
5,037 Posts
Either sk in 9mm will utilize 13 round USPc/P2000 mags and 15 round P30/VP9 mags. I carried a P2000sk for years before 'discovering' the P7M8. It's a nice and very concealable little pistol. I never bothered with the P30sk because in my estimation the difference was mostly cosmetic and, well...P7M8. I wouldn't wring hands over which sk to buy for very long, they're very similar. Buy whichever you find for the cheapest price, get a couple 13 or 15 round mags for the range and to carry for backup.

Or better yet skip the sk and get a (you guessed it) P7M8.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I find them both equally good shooters. You should go with the one that feels better in your hand.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I have P2000sk and P30sk I like the grips on the P30sk long over due can't go wrong with one or the other just get some P2000 9mm 13 mags X-grips and your set.

·
Registered
50 Posts
P2000SK is my no-frills AIWB carry gun. Only 2 back strap size options, slab sides, single slot under-rail, and little aftermarket sight variety options. As I had a nagging need to carry 357 Sig, the P2000sk in light LEM was the only option. It has been a great purchase and I have no regrets. I prefer shooting 357 Sig over 40 S&W. The 357 Sig recoil has less smack in my palm and is much louder.

If I need a full grip, I use the USPc/P2000 357 Sig 12 round mags with an X-Grip.

But in 9mm, P30SK has much more variety with the grip sizing, V3 with or without external safety, V1 of V2 LEM, more aftermarket sight options, factory installed large magazine release lever, more grip texture and a 1913 rail.

Larger capacity magazines are awash, as they fit into both P2000SK and P30SK.

If I carried 9mm, I would have gotten the P30SK V1 LEM. But I am really loving the 357 Sig P2000SK.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do most of you prefer the sk guns over the P2000/USPc?

·
Registered
50 Posts
At 5 ft 7 in, I don't have much room to hide a larger gun. I carry really low AIWB, with the grip at the belt line and I need a shorter slide length for sitting and bending over.
I conceal with jeans and a loosely, tucked in T-shirt. I am not tactically skinny, so normal loose shirts for me.
At the range, the dual spring recoil assembly tames the 357 Sig and 40 S&W. No extra grip tape or sleeves.
The dual springs also had me favoring the SK. My USPfs 45 has dual springs and is the softest recoil 45 I ever shot.
I never shot an HK that uses the nylon buffer, so I can't give a comparison to the felt recoil.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the same dilemma when I wanted to replace my M&P 9c as my EDC. Fortunately my LGS had both in stock, and after handling both I picked the 2000sk. I am probably in the minority, but I actually preferred the grip of the 2000sk over the P30sk. Also, I prefer the looks of the 2000sk. Both are fantastic choices, and if you cannot decide on either, go with the one that you can get the best deal on. In my instance the 2000sk was 55.00 more than the P30sk(don't ask me why), but I went with the gun that I preferred.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just picked up a P2000SK. Traded my G19 for it. I have not shot it yet but it feels great in my hands. The P30SK feels great too. I'd drive myself nuts with all the grip combos though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My carry gun is a p2000sk in .40 cal until my p7 gets back from Fords. It's a great gun and I live in fl so it hides nicely in a pair of board shorts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have both the p30sk and the p2000sk. The p30sk wins out with its grip. I can shoot tighter groups with it, probably due to the more comfortable grip. I have one of the magazines with the extender for my pinkie finger and it is very comfortable to shoot. Now it feels like my full size p30 in the grip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts