HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see solid, and vented, handguards on the SL7 and SL6 models. Any differences in the weapons? Why does one have a vented handguard and the other a solid...aftermarket? Thanks.

·
Registered
405 Posts
From what information I've gathered through the years, The non vented hand guards were installed on the very last rifles produced. Also, every SL6 and 7 I recall seeing with the non vented style were NOT imported by HK. They were imported by another company and for the life of me I can't remember the name. If that other importer had anything to do with the hand guard differences, your guess is as good as mine. You will see these rifles advertised on G.B. from time to time.

·
Registered
660 Posts
My understanding was the vented handguards were purely an American thing and that none of the European rifles had them. I remember seeing pictures of some SL-7's imported by a former member here... and if I recall correctly none of them had vented handguards.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it. I've seen both available and didn't know if one or the other was an earlier import or more sought after. I like the vented hand guards from a purely aesthetic standpoint.

·
Registered
405 Posts
My understanding was the vented handguards were purely an American thing and that none of the European rifles had them. I remember seeing pictures of some SL-7's imported by a former member here... and if I recall correctly none of them had vented handguards.
That would make sense. The rifles imported from Germany by entities other then HK would have the Euro style, non vented hand guards. Good info egroeg!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts