HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you guys can help me with a small project. Does anyone have the German spelling of "In a world of compromise, some men don't." I don't want to just plug it into Google translate, hopefully someone can confirm the correct German translation that is used.

·
Registered
109 Posts
According to our 16 year old German exchange student (her English is better than mine):

In einer Welt aus Kompromissen, einige Männer machen keine.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
According to our 16 year old German exchange student (her English is better than mine):

That's awesome. Thanks for the leg work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
That sounds pretty close to me. I'm a native speaker but I'm from Alsace so it's a bit different.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Interesting question, but has anyone ever seen HK use this slogan in German? Is it just part of their English language marketing?

Just a question.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The english wording sounds a lot better than the German translation, this is why perhaps HK only has that slogan running in English?

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
This is probably correct. I had only seen this add in US publications and a few English language international magazines.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
That sounds pretty close to me. I'm a native speaker but I'm from Alsace so it's a bit different.
So doesn't that make you secretly French;-) (LOL - kidding).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
724 Posts

A new addition to my signature line, thank you, Sir!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts