HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts for the HK 270 (22 LR) and 300 (22 WMR) are hard to come by, as is good info on the parts.
Can you tell me, please, are the cocking lever (charging handle) and associated springs interchangeable (the same part #'s) for these two rifles? If so, it would certainly help finding a replacement for a broken cocking lever (would double the possible parts sources).
Is there a parts list, with HK part numbers, for these two rifles?
Can I please get an electronic copy of the HK 270 manual?
Do you know of any parts supplier, or possible supplier, for the 270 and 300 parts (other than Numrich and HKParts.net, I mean).
I'm still looking for a receiver cap for the 300 for serial number larger than 15,000, and a buddy is seeking a replacement cocking lever for the 300, and new buffers are always being sought.
Do you know of any parts fabricators (if I supply a working part for a template)?
Thanks.
JBubba57
Florida
[email protected]

·
Minister of Kraut Space Magic
319 Posts
Parts are only available through Numrich Gun Parts Corp. There are no other parts fabricators that we are aware of. Those rifles have been out of production for almost 30 years.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast response. I was hoping HK at least kept copies of its old parts lists with numbers, so that if I come across some parts still in an HK bag, I will know if they'll be of use based on the parts numbers, and likewise, whether the cocking lever for the 270 is the same part number as that for the 300, etc.

Another HKPro member has responded off line to help with some info requested.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I contacted the above company and here is their response:
Hi JDM:

No we make buffer plates only for M-630, SL-6, SL-7, M-770, and M-940 centerfire H&Ks.

There is a possibility we will make them, but we have been unable to come up with sample buffer plates for M-270s and M-300s to use for specs.

Major L. Boddicker
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Forgive me, I hope I am staying within the intent of this forum area and that this is acceptable here.

Well, I have an spare used and a NIW HK 300 buffer that I would consider lending them, just one of the two, IF they don't damage my buffer and IF they return it. And nice discounts or beta-testing freebies would be nice. Thing is, the buffers were sold by HK already stuck/glued within the buffer retention ring, not totally separate from the rings as best as I know, so I'm thinking they'd likely have to remove the buffer to get accurate measurements, etc., so that might hurt it.

I tried to buy a HK 270 buffer recently on GB, just to have for that sort of purpose even though I don't own a 270, but the $ bidding went too high for me.

Here is a picture of a 300 buffer ring with buffer in place, and a 270 ring MISSING its buffer. The 270 buffer had deteriorated/worn out and had been totally removed by the owner, as I recall.

The two vertical slits of the buffer match the back of the bolt:

I assume the 270 buffer would have a similar shape.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seems like a good match here for my question so here goes...

After a long wait, I will be picking up my new MR762 next week:) I would have been just as happy with the LRP but I can't justify getting both. I would love to have the same buttstock on my rifle that the LRP package has. I would also just love to be able to buy the case that the LRP comes with. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
im going to start making a charging lever for the hk300, but need samples of a broken part to copy . PM me if you can help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts