HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,569 Posts
HK reporting huge profits for the first half of 2020, certainly better than the 400K Euro profit this time last year. Also makes me wonder if the German rifle tender has gone HK's way and that the 433 has a good future.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/08/28/heckler-koch-2020-successful-and-profitable-again/
Logically, a gun that has not been officially adopted means there's no money from it in the bank yet, and they are reporting sales already completed.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
I thought they were doomed because they welded a block in the SP5...[sarcasm]

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Big thing is that HK is a lot healthier than it was this time last year when they barely made any profit. 400,000 Euros is basically breaking even for a company like HK. Even though it'll take years to totally pay off debt and the firearms market is as volatile as the real estate market, this is a step in the right direction.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,569 Posts
In the press release, they are investing in more infrastructure to the tune of 25M Euros, set to bring 17 new machines to production by mid-2021, They expect pistol production to increase by 22 percent afterward, with a 30 percent increase in rifle parts production and a 50 percent (!!!) increase in MP5 production! That is sure to include SP5/K production as well, as long as they intend to continue to prioritize the American civilian market. We better hope there's not a dem sweep in Nov., or all that would be for naught.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope the investment into the product line is true. What I wonder about is product development, etc. Usually that drops off considerably with an investment firm in the mix. But who knows if they saw a way to get HK to be more efficient. Just don't want the quality to suffer.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Doubt. Correction, no, I know it's definitely not larger.

How many MR556 did HK sell in the US? Now compare that to an average gov contract. Add to that, for a gov contract there's less model variants if any at all.
Originally Posted By eodinert:
The US civilian market is bigger than the German government. In just the first six months of 2020, approximately 19 million firearms have been sold. The German government only purchased 180,000 G36s. That's about two weeks worth of US gun sales during the panic.

If they had a committed effort with good supply, they would sell a metric ton of guns here.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I work for a company that was essentially purchased by Bane Capital. They turned us into a profitable company (and then spun us off in a merger). Is that a possibility with HK? I’m not a businessman, just curious (or at least hopefull).
Bain Capital (under Romney) bought Dade Behring... essentially embezzling $300MM from the company and forced it into bankruptcy. Cerberus bought all those firearms cos and look what's become of them. Private Equity = death.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
More like cancel all military bids then close down HK GmbH. Ramp up HK USA with all civilian products then go for the next Army Modular Handgun System the way of Sig.
Completely wishful thinking. HK will never stop being a German company, nor will it split off into a separate US division that makes different products like Sig did. In any case, I’m sure that if any foreign maker has any plans with regards to expanding into the US market, they aren’t going to do anything until after the election.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Completely wishful thinking. HK will never stop being a German company, nor will it split off into a separate US division that makes different products like Sig did. In any case, I’m sure that if any foreign maker has any plans with regards to expanding into the US market, they aren’t going to do anything until after the election.
HK USA is already a separate company from HK GmbH.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The US civilian market is bigger than the German government. In just the first six months of 2020, approximately 19 million firearms have been sold. The German government only purchased 180,000 G36s. That's about two weeks worth of US gun sales during the panic.

If they had a committed effort with good supply, they would sell a metric ton of guns here.
Government contracts don't jus include guns. they include spare parts, armorer's training, etc. They are much more profitable than civ sales.

And if HK went to the US... That would just be horrible. remember when they tried to produce a 551 in the states?

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
And if HK went to the US... That would just be horrible. remember when they tried to produce a 551 in the states?
The 556 debacle aside, Sig has been very successful in the US with military/LE sales. Lots of government agencies have bought Sig P series pistols, and obviously they were selected for the US army handgun competition as the M17 and M18. They have been very successful in the civilian market too. Also, HK isn’t Sig.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts