HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about the new HK SP5 (semi auto MP5) is the barrel chrome lined and is the fluted chamber also chromed?

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I could have sworn that I read something about the new MP5 barrel's were chromed??? The MP5 NAVY barrels are they chromed both barrel and chamber?

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,010 Posts
That sure looks like a chrome bore to me, can you take a pic of the fluted chamber .45ACP?
You do know that raw barrels that haven't been finished are silver/chrome in color, right? The barrel will last far longer than the number of rounds you will put through it. Go shooting!

Picture1.png

·
2,010 Posts

·
2,010 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I don't have the barrel in front of me to be able to tell for certain, I can only say what looks to be chrome in a image on this forum. Why do some of you guys have to jump all over someone that says anything that differs from you? I'm simply trying to find out if the barrels are chromed, it's not a who's right and who's wrong thing... I'm trying to find out correct info, not get into disagreement or a contest of being right or wrong. I could tell you 100% if I had that MP5 barrel that is shown here on the forum that appears to be chromed by putting a small drop of cold blue on it, if it darkened Not Chrome. Let's not make people of this forum hesitate about asking a question for fear of getting jumped all over. Greg

You do know that raw barrels that haven't been finished are silver/chrome in color, right? The barrel will last far longer than the number of rounds you will put through it. Go shooting!

View attachment 257460

·
Registered
536 Posts
I just got off the phone with HK Customer service. They were told “No” it isn’t chrome lined. It does have a proprietary metal treatment to prevent wear and rust.

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,264 Posts
I just got off the phone with HK Customer service. They were told “No” it isn’t chrome lined. It does have a proprietary metal treatment to prevent wear and rust.

Outside of doing this, personally, I think I would have trusted bystok's answer. After all, he is a member of the HK Shooting Team. He is probably privy to information that no Mortal humans's brain could fathom. :wink:

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,942 Posts
Outside of doing this, personally, I think I would have trusted bystok's answer. After all, he is a member of the HK Shooting Team. He is probably privy to information that no Mortal humans's brain could fathom. :wink:
I'm not gonna say that @bystok and Schultzie were alone together in the back room of the Ashburn facility... But he does know things.

Reactions: bystok
1 - 20 of 25 Posts