HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 518 Posts

·
HK Shooting Team
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, the HK SP5 is alive and in the wild! It's been 30 years since we've had a chance to get something this close to a factory MP5 from Heckler & Koch and boy is this sweet!!!!! I will be making several videos over the next few days to dive deep into the details/specs on the HK SP5 so stay tuned. Here is the unboxing......

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Hi all, the HK SP5 is alive and in the wild! It's been 30 years since we've had a chance to get something this close to a factory MP5 from Heckler & Koch and boy is this sweet!!!!! I will be making several videos over the next few days to dive deep into the details/specs on the HK SP5 so stay tuned. Here is the unboxing......

Drooling incessantly...……..

Thanks for the video Derek.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Oh man... That's a sweet SP5, good to see HK bringing her back. Also, I don't to ask for much, but HK91 and HK93 could also return, of course with the Paddle Mag Release.

·
Registered
33,831 Posts
Wondering how long before a thread appeared!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
An SP5K manual--- really--- c'mon man. :wink:

Tony

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
I hate to be that guy but why downgrade to just a bag case instead of the pelican case the sp5k hade? Does anyone one?
I'd rather have the bag, actually. My sp5k pelican case sits in a closet. After I added the brace, it doesn't fit anyhow -- and even if I got new foam and cut it to fit -- I find the bag more practical for bringing to the range anyhow.
Fortunately, the SP5k is tiny enough to slip into an ordinary backpack, which is how I usually bring it to the range. She's got a few scuffs out of it. But she's mine, and I'll never divorce her -- so it matters not to me.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bolt Group info you won't want to miss as well as just a few snippets of why HK vs any of the "clones"

I must say, I was tooooo young to convince my father I needed a HK94 before 1989 when we saw HK94s disappear. The feeling of picking this up and knowing I am holding the closest thing to a factory MP5 from HK that somebody else hasn't molested, is a feeling that I just can't begin to describe!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Bolt Group info you won't want to miss as well as just a few snippets of why HK vs any of the "clones"

I must say, I was tooooo young to convince my father I needed a HK94 before 1989 when we saw HK94s disappear. The feeling of picking this up and knowing I am holding the closest thing to a factory MP5 from HK that somebody else hasn't molested, is a feeling that I just can't begin to describe!!!!!!!!!

Derek

Thank you so much for the informative videos. Quick question regarding the BCG; Will the full auto BCG work in the SP5?

Thanks for noting the difference as well. I don't have mine yet, but it's on its way :biggrin:

Thanks again night owl :biggrin:!!!!!!!

·
Registered
33,831 Posts
Ok, let's dive in with disassembly and lots of good information

Some most excellent videos!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
497 Posts
Eeek - we cant replace the trigger pack housing to one that is C&P. I see some folks soon offering a service to drill out the "holes" in the Sp5 trigger housing and doing a C&P.

Anyone know if the SP5K trigger pack is the same as the Sp5 - i doubt it given the video above to accommodate the paddle mag.

1 - 20 of 518 Posts