HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was initially interested in this pistol from HK based on the cool factor. After thinking about it I had a hard time justifying over 2K for a 4 inch barreled 9MM. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Their are 3 main buyers for the SP5k. Those with a sear, those who want an iconic factory fresh firearm, and those who want a shooter. As a shooter you will only gain the advantage of the roller locking action and fantastic sights if you use a stock (SBR) or brace. IMO

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Their are 3 main buyers for the SP5k. Those with a sear, those who want an iconic factory fresh firearm, and those who want a shooter. As a shooter you will only gain the advantage of the roller locking action and fantastic sights if you use a stock (SBR) or brace. IMO
I wouldn't say the shooter would "only" benefit from the use of a stock or brace. I will say the the use of a stock would maximize the benefits the SP5K brings to the table.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
As much as I would like to have a genuine HK product, I just prefer the look of the MP5. Plus I would have to spend too much money to SBR the SP5K.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Uhhh, $200 tax stamp and $150 Choate stock is 'too much'? You may be hanging out at the wrong forum, dude!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Even without a stock I was able to pull off some good shots with my sp5. As far as big pistols go, it is one of the easiest to use, and isnt quite as awkward as a pistol AR or Skorpion. Keep in mind an MP5k does not have a stock (the mp5k pdw does). That said, I have a form 1 pending on mine.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
you may remember my post, "is the sp5k worth it ?" a couple of months ago . i didn't have the money at the time, so i did a layaway plan through a respectable online dealer . took me 2 months to pay the sp5k off, picked it up from my ffl dealer just before Christmas . i haven't had the time to test drive yet, due to family and illness .

is the sp5k worth it ? what about the MK23 or the P7m13, are they worth $1800-$3500 ? the answer is yes, it's worth it to me and that's all that counts .

i'm just the average joe weapon collector/enthusiast, got few good AK's, AR's and some quality sidearms . im at the age now that i prefer quality, H&K quality !

btw im saving up for my next H&K purchase, i'm gonna find out if the MK23 or P7 is worth it .

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
What I find interesting about these threads, not just here but on Facebook as well, is that for decades people have cried about missing out on the hay-day of roller locks. Now here we have one back in-country and people complain about what it's "missing" for the price point and how HK screwed-up. $2500 too much? Could always go try and find an SP89 on Gunbroker for $5K. Oh wait. Same gun. *face palm*

·
Priest of the P7
5,037 Posts
What I find interesting about these threads, not just here but on Facebook as well, is that for decades people have cried about missing out on the hay-day of roller locks. Now here we have one back in-country and people complain about what it's "missing" for the price point and how HK screwed-up. $2500 too much? Could always go try and find an SP89 on Gunbroker for $5K. Oh wait. Same gun. *face palm*
Exactly. Like is said: you can't please all of the people all of the time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Longduck nailed it.
It is an incredible shooter. Just add two things as Longduck suggested.
You will see how easy is to shoot 500 rounds of 9mm in an afternoon.:68:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts