Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >$7500

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got myself HK SP89 with a what looks like OEM H&K navy barrel. I am told barrel got 15 rounds through it. Don’t know if it is 15 or 150 but it looks like it is in very good shape. The rest of the gun got minor condition problems from normal use. Got FA carrier. Magazine doesn’t drop out free and it is a bit tight not sure if this is normal if not any easy fix available. Was wondering if I did good on a price? SP89 with no mods sells for $4500 to 5500 on GB now days

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
The finish of the metal looks like a POF full auto carrier, which appears to be consistent with the rest of the carrier markings.
Would see if the mag drag is due to the paddle release install or tight mag well.
Looks like a little dirt or rust on the rear sight center pin, could use a little TLC and oil ;-).

Now you need to get a sear in it ;-)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The finish of the metal looks like a POF full auto carrier, which appears to be consistent with the rest of the carrier markings.
Would see if the mag drag is due to the paddle release install or tight mag well.
Looks like a little dirt or rust on the rear sight center pin, could use a little TLC and oil ;-).

Now you need to get a sear in it ;-)
carrier is full auto
it got scratches on the magazine and inside the well
no rust
I am about 2 month into DLO trigger pack ATF processsssssssssssssssssss

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I think JT knows the carrier is FA. He was trying to tell you that that carrier is not German HK and that it is POF, Pakistan ordnance factory.

carrier is full auto
it got scratches on the magazine and inside the well
no rust
I am about 2 month into DLO trigger pack ATF processsssssssssssssssssss

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'm unaware if it's the lighting and/or oil and/or what was used to wipe down the carrier but it looks a little less finished than an H&K carrier.

It does mimic the finish of my POF carriers.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Spetsnaz2.0 nice looking MP5K (ok SP89 until the pack comes in ;-) and will make you a great host gun I am sure. Only question is what is what host guns to get next (one of Mike's 53s are an interesting step up over the Vector, Jeff's 32/52 cut for a drum is always a nice shooter and Chopstick has an interesting line up that I am waiting on friends to get theirs .... lastly there is always the MM23e / MM23eK with 308 kits .... that should take care of your toy fund for a few months / years ;-).

I would be in the market for
- HK marked MP5k-PDW side folding stock (the non HK ones from the same supplier are fine)
* Since this is the classic PDW look, is IMO a must have. You can also get an adapter for the A2 stock and/or the ACE and B&T stocks.
- HK PDW K grip (some of the non HK ones would deform easier with heat)
- MP5K plastic SEF trigger housing
- Selector for the plastic housing
- A no 28 locking piece for shooting suppressed and on mine works nicer (slower) w/o the suppressor
- Optional the 100 deg locking piece from the full size MP5 (lower cost than the no 28 and nearly as good)
- Extra extractor springs
- An extra ejector so you don't need to take out the ejector from semi pack each time (assume you will have other host guns ;-)
- Half a dozen plus 30 round mags (more if you may shoot sub gun matches
- Descrite soft case for MP5K
- HK chamber and chamber face brush to go with the field cleaning kit
- Half dozen cases of NATO 124 gr ammo

Then You can go wild or focus on the next host gun
- A tri lug suppressor, would go with the larger sub gun models (I like my Blayloc and friends have had good luck with full size sub gun Gemtechs)
- Couple cases of 147gr Federal 147 TMJ (round noise) or equal (then look at reloading for the sub sonic ammo)
- HK should Holster for the MP5K-PDW (hard to fine)
- Thigh holster for the MP5K-PDW
- Tatical Brief Case (can trim the tube inside for the PDW)
- Beta Mags
- 40 Round LIQ/MCP mags (stay away from any other after market 40 round mags)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
JT. As always thank you for your advise. * *Will get most of the accessories once my DLO comes in. *In pepsicola we do not have a lot of places for full auto. *But I will be moving to Tx soon. * I seen some of your videos and mm23e looks like so much fun. * I will pick one up after moving to Tx. **
Is Pakistane carrier any good or should I start looking for a German or US made one? * Seems to me like not too many good things came from that part of the world. *

Also the barrel is black but the three lug tip is gray is it suppose to be like this on OEM HK?

Stamped "IG 4J"

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Advice I got from Terry Dyer years ago, was some work and others are a little soft and wear, so try it and see how it works. Not like it is nuclear science (and even if was Pakistani has built there own ;-), However, if you run across a German K carrier for cheep (ha ha, well actually I have ;-) or even a nice rewelded carrier, then would not pass on it, but for the time being would run with the one you have.

Can't be sure if someone sent it back and got the barrel changed by HK or one of the good HK smiths put in in. However, HK did not add paddle mag releases and if you had it done before sending the gun in, they would not change barrels, the last time I talked to them. If the paddle mag release has not been spot painted, then we can assume that the entire gun was repainted (nicely ;-) at one time.

My MP5K-PDW started life as new in the box (the box is still in the garage) that I put together by flash light on the tail gate of Toyota #1 (running Toyota #2 nearly 20 years and half million miles later ... so much for being a GM buyer in the old days ....) Friday evening at KCR so I could shoot the PDW during the Bumps rush at the lower range. Was the 90's and Shattered still had sufficient 8mm, but that was way too long ago.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The paddle mag release is grey like the berral tip. *But it was covered up with what looks like black birch wood/casey touch up paint*- it all came off with gun cleaner and made me suspicious of how authentic this gun is. Still Think it's all but carrier is German HK

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
The paddle mag release is grey like the berral tip. *But it was covered up with what looks like black birch wood/casey touch up paint*- it all came off with gun cleaner and made me suspicious of how authentic this gun is. Still Think it's all but carrier is German HK
I have a HK91 that was refinished by Terry Dyer and he parkerized the paddle mag. I think makes a nice accent and I like the way it looks. Maybe he did the conversion on yours.

Best,

TC

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a HK91 that was refinished by Terry Dyer and he parkerized the paddle mag. I think makes a nice accent and I like the way it looks. Maybe he did the conversion on yours.

Best,

TC
I do not thing that any halfway reputable gunsmith will use touch up paint specialy the one that comes off with basic gun cleaner*(outers). The the paint on the reciver was not effected at all.*

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I do not thing that any halfway reputable gunsmith will use touch up paint specialy the one that comes off with basic gun cleaner*(outers). The the paint on the reciver was not effected at all.*
I was not saying that Terry would use touch up paint to cover the paddle mag release, I am just saying that on my rifle, Terry left several things parkerized and did not paint them. Paddle Mag Release, Mag release button, Stock Pins, Flashhider, Bolt Carrier, Cocking Tube Support, Rear Sight were all bare phosphate finish.

Perhaps the end user did not like the bare phosphate on the paddle release and applied some kind of paint so it would match the rest of the gun; just a guess.

Best,

TC

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe
I was not saying that Terry would use touch up paint to cover the paddle mag release, I am just saying that on my rifle, Terry left several things parkerized and did not paint them. Paddle Mag Release, Mag release button, Stock Pins, Flashhider, Bolt Carrier, Cocking Tube Support, Rear Sight were all bare phosphate finish.

Perhaps the end user did not like the bare phosphate on the paddle release and applied some kind of paint so it would match the rest of the gun; just a guess.

Best,

TC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts