HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been purchasing and assembling tools for my HK specific Armorer's kit with the help of James Williamson Teufelshund Tactical, John Flagg GMP Parts and Adam HKParts over the last few months. I started by copying James and purchasing the same Pelican Tool Case he uses for his "small" armorers kit (The Pelican 1460) but I had to order mine in HK red (I've got tons of black Pelicans and wanted this to stick out). Some or most of the tools are the same or similar to "what HK uses" based on my research and from info James, John and Adam and some are as close as you can get without spending thousands a tool and waiting months (but I am working on some of those tools-just slowly). All of the tools in it are either actual HK (such as $180 HK marked staking tool) or German tools that HK uses such as: Stalhwille (wrenches, sockets), Wiha (screwdrivers, bits-and torque wrenches), Gedore (wrenches) Knipex (pliers). Rennstieg (punches), Wera (hammers). I tried to include what is commonly required to service HKs and not a lot of what's not used; for instance some of the punches come in kits with sizes so large and you will never or rarely use them on an HK so I did not include them. I still need to purchase the Wiha torque driver and T-Handle. As in all things related to HKs and collecting, it is a work in progress and I will always find another tool I "need" and will had to this kit. Just figured I would share as I have seen others here have had similar projects.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,329 Posts
This is really nice and thank you for sharing! Can you explain how you got the HK logo on the case?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sweet!!! I never knew Pelican made a "Tackle box" type case! Can you list the tools and maybe there purpose? Ive always wanted to have tools around for my '91 etc. Just don't know what to buy.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Nice! I too, didn't realize that Pelican made a tackle box.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Can you give us a run down of what you have specifically in the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapastalk.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Would like to see a pic of all the tools laid out flat please. Have some would like to try and find the rest.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Very cool and well done!!

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I've opened the Pandora's HK box of curiosity-literally-and glad to share! I definitely will share and give all the feedback I can. First I will say I learned the most by attending James's Teufelshund Tactical Subgun class and being hands on with his tools, kit and how to operate correctly regarding HKs has improved my 20 years of being a HK civilian by light-years. I by no means claim to be a HK armorer, I am an enthusiast and collector, and to make sure my HKs function correctly I send them to the pros if cant figure it out. With that said, I am a collector of all things HK which breaks up the monotony of life so lately I have compiled a portable HK centered armorers kit. Glad to see others enthusiasm in this project and I will be glad to share my experience. Not sure if I can put all out tonight to take pics or summarize the equipment but I soon will, glad to hear others are just as interested in other HK specific collections and use as I am.
I had the HK Armorer stickers made locally-James I'll send you a few of those this week-I am ashamed I did not already send you some but my mind was still a blur from the MP7 mag dump you gave me so I am sure you can give me a pass and forgive me :)

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are a few more photos as I have procured more of the tools. It is a work in progress and still trying to source some, some ordered from Germany and slow to get here.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Very nice kit DKL. I decided to go down the same rabbit hole only in a
more compact package before attending James's sub gun/
pistol course last March. That being said I am a huge fan
of pelican cases and if I was to do it again I would have definitely
purchased the exact case you choose!!! Below are a few
pictures I took this afternoon!

·
Registered
273 Posts
DKL, very nice set-up, BTW any other places to find the barrel nut wrench other than HK Parts?
Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts