HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this Hk rifle a hard find? I really want one! Beautiful! Looks better to me than the PSG-1 Any reviews on this?

·
2,831 Posts
the TC(a true TC) is pretty rare, only made for around 1 year(94 or 95 I think)

there is also the SR9 T, which is the same as the TC but uses a MSG90 stock.

prices for a T start at 3k, TC...4K+

here is my T but it has a PSG1 stock(like the TC) and wide forend, both of these the orignaly owner claims were on the gun when it was bought new, true or not i dunno

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Rifle on top is an SR9TC (scope is a Leupold LR/T Mark 4 scope.......aftermarket, does not come with rifle).

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Is this Hk rifle a hard find? I really want one! Beautiful! Looks better to me than the PSG-1 Any reviews on this?
You don't necessarily see a lot of TC's, at least I see more T's. Only difference is the TC has the PSG-1 buttstock while the T has the MSG90 buttstock. Forearm looks to be a fiberglas type deal, in addition to my original forearm, I bought a backup in case the original gets messed up. Really the original forearm is all but worthless and is a better setup with the 91 series wide forearm.

Basically these are just SR9's with the PSG-1 lower & trigger groups and one of the two different types of buttstocks.

As far as how the rifle shoots, it's better than I am right now. Maybe at some point I will be able to get its maximum potential out, but that's a ways down the road.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
As Landpimp says, a true TC is rare, I was told by HK there were a total of 125 made. It's possible that only 100 of those were marked "TC". Mine is NIB. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the TC(a true TC) is pretty rare, only made for around 1 year(94 or 95 I think)

there is also the SR9 T, which is the same as the TC but uses a MSG90 stock.

prices for a T start at 3k, TC...4K+

here is my T but it has a PSG1 stock(like the TC) and wide forend, both of these the orignaly owner claims were on the gun when it was bought new, true or not i dunno

You're one lucky guy! I doubt i will find one of those here in the philippines.. All they have here is the MSG, which is way over priced.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You're one lucky guy! I doubt i will find one of those here in the philippines.. All they have here is the MSG, which is way over priced.
If you can get a hold of an MSG90, you really don't want a SR9TC.

If you still want a SR9T/C and assuming you don't need to dance through the hoops that is the US law (given your location), you can buy an SR9 for about $1,700 and just buy the furniture you want. It'll be significantly less than trying to buy an SR9 or SR9TC.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

If you still want a SR9T/C and assuming you don't need to dance through the hoops that is the US law (given your location), you can buy an SR9 for about $1,700 and just buy the furniture you want. It'll be significantly less than trying to buy an SR9 or SR9TC.
Is the SR9 availible here in the phlippines?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Is the SR9 availible here in the phlippines?
I'm not sure.

SR9 was HK's sporting type version of the 91 gun as modified for the US post-ban market. You see them pop up on gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com every so often. They typically retail for less than a 91 of comparable quality. As far as I can tell, they don't demand a high price since you couldn't/can't change the furniture out without running into issues with the ban laws. Since you are in the PI you might not have to worry about any of this.

·
Registered
280 Posts

You can't but a real MSG90. They were only sold to military and LE because they came with a push pin lower (even though it was semi auto). so ATF considered it a machine gun. It kind of made sense because you can just slap a stock (non modified) push pin lower on a MSG90 and it will run in full auto.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm not sure.

SR9 was HK's sporting type version of the 91 gun as modified for the US post-ban market. You see them pop up on gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com every so often. They typically retail for less than a 91 of comparable quality. As far as I can tell, they don't demand a high price since you couldn't/can't change the furniture out without running into issues with the ban laws. Since you are in the PI you might not have to worry about any of this.
But if I was to buy a hk 91 and put the Psg-1 trigger group and stock on it, it would be alright?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You can't but a real MSG90. They were only sold to military and LE because they came with a push pin lower (even though it was semi auto). so ATF considered it a machine gun. It kind of made sense because you can just slap a stock (non modified) push pin lower on a MSG90 and it will run in full auto.
He is in the Phillipines, I'm guessing the same rules don't apply down there.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
But if I was to buy a hk 91 and put the Psg-1 trigger group and stock on it, it would be alright?
I personally am not all that familiar with the rules on parts counts, but someone else here can definitely answer your question.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Yep, you can do anything you want to a 91. Now if you have a 911 or plain-jane SR9, you are limited to the confines of 922r if you want to start adding "evil" features I think, but there sure are a lot of people that put bipods onto the SR9 series, and PSG1 trigger packs on the plain-jane SR9s. I can't imagine anyone ever caring if you put a bipod on an SR9, but if you're the nervous type, you might not want to.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts