HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of threading the barrel but that will probably lower collectors value but on the flip side it could increase the value if I decided to sell because it's threaded.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
My SR9 is threaded and I enjoy firing it suppressed. I couldn't care less about value and if you're contemplating the same, I suggest you adopt the same frame of mind.

This one was done professionally and has a 5/8x24 threading, with substantial shoulder for the can.

·
Registered
507 Posts
You are doing a neutered rifle a favor by threading the barrel. Just make sure it's done right, but someone who knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Nice work. Is it a fabbed collar, sweated on a turned down end?

DDG

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
The SR9's barrel thickness wasn't enough for a proper result in 5/8x24--there wouldn't be enough shoulder for the can. Therefore, the barrel was threaded smaller and an adapter (with shoulder) was fabricated with matching female threads and male 5/8x24 threads. The adapter was screwed on and permanently affixed. It's a beautiful thing in person. I have a really beefy thread protector that looks good with the setup.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
@diesel1959 that looks well done! Mind if asked who did the work and your opinion of how the sr9 performs suppressed? I've heard a few thumbs down over the years w/folks putting a can on a 91, but I've always thought of giving it a try.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My SR9 is threaded and I enjoy firing it suppressed. I couldn't care less about value and if you're contemplating the same, I suggest you adopt the same frame of mind.

This one was done professionally and has a 5/8x24 threading, with substantial shoulder for the can.

Thanks for the feedback and pic. If you feel like posting more pics feel free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts