HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Is there a trick to getting the Stanag mount on my HK91? I don't want to scratch it up. :2300000:

Thanks!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I don't want to break out the hammer... What's the trick? I am using a German HK 91 and a UTG HK Stanag mount....:2300000:

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
You want to have the non swiveling feet on the right side of the receiver. The feet that swivel need to be moved so the are now facing downward and not inward. Hook the stationary feet on the right side of the receiver in the notches first. Then rotate the mount onto the top of the receiver. The two feet that swivel should still be facing downward. The two feet should also line up with the two notches on the left side of the receiver. Now slowly push down on the locking arm on the left side until you lock the swivel feet into place. You should hear a metallic click and see the feet lock in place. Push the locking arm back up against the mount so it is in a vertical position.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hey everyone. Is there a trick to getting the Stanag mount on my HK91? I don't want to scratch it up. :2300000:

Thanks!!
If you don't want to scratch the gun IMO you have two choices;
1). Don't mount the claw.
2). Mount the claw and never take it off.

Other than these two things sooner or later your gun will show claw marks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a similar question, how do I mount a 30mm scope in a STANAG mount without leaving marks on the scope? Wrap the area on the scope in something to avoid metal to metal contact? lubricate with oil? Or is there nothing you can do?
Second, how much torque do I apply to the screws in the rings?

I am worried about the scope since it costs more than HK.

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you don't want to scratch the gun IMO you have two choices;
1). Don't mount the claw.
2). Mount the claw and never take it off.

Other than these two things sooner or later your gun will show claw marks.
GZire is absolutely correct. We had customers returning 91's, 93's, etc and all the different claw locks due to the "defect" of the paint on the rifle being marred when the mounts were attached. It is an absolutely normal occurence. These firearms are military devices, and no concern for finish aesthetics were taken.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I would like to respectfully disagree with other's statements. I've owned several of these mounts:

I have found that they are not all the same! Some mounts leave scratches and some do NOT! It took me some time to find the best claw mount for my SR9T, one that locked on securely and did NOT mar the finish.
Each of these mounted on the gun, but some better then others. Contrary to popular belief, the quality control wasn't as precise as we'd like to think.

"These firearms are military devices, and no concern for finish aesthetics were taken."

If you feel up to it? A little time, and minor gunsmith work on the claw can make the mount so that it leaves very evidence that it was ever there. (or at least minimize the scratching)

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
I put a piece of electrical tape on mine, under where the mount makes contact. It's a little harder to get on but it will keep the scratch from happening. I have an HK 91 I do not have a 308 clone so I don't know if there would be a spec issue.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Below is my H&K93, it is my favorite rifle to put rounds down range with. It has close to 8000rds thru her. I take care of this rifle, but over the years it has its share of use showing. I am most likely in the minority here, but I think of the "marks" as adding character to a great rifle. I am not a safe queen type of gun collecter, but enjoy shooting all my firearms. So the scope mount paint chips do not bother me, if looking for a new used rifle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts