HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and I'm happy to see a California thread on HKPro. Needless to say, we in California (and a few other states, like MA) face difficult restrictions, especially in regard to handguns.

I'll open the bidding with a question: Are there any HK stocking dealers in Northern California (I live in the East Bay)?

My second question is whether anyone uses high-cap HK magazines that have been "permanently altered" to hold no more than 10 rounds. I would like to use a Jet Funnel to get a better grip on my 40S&W Expert. Of course, this requires the use of longer mags with the Jet Funnel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I can add two more myself:

* Castro Valley Gun Shop in Castro Valley, CA
* City Arms in Pacifica, CA

I think the Castro Valley Gun Shop and the BullsEye store in San Rafael are somehow connected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I visited City Arms in Pacifica after a nice phone call from "Uncle V" yesterday telling me they had just received 2007 production of 1 USP Elite 45 and 1 USP Expert 45. He knows of my passion (-ahem- addiction) for HKs and always lets me know when HKs are present in the store :)

At the time of my visit I saw the following in the glass cases:

1 USP Elite 45 as mentioned above
1 USP Expert 45 as mentioned above [I bought this one]
1 USPF 45
1 USPC 40
1 P2000 40

Uncle V said they were expecting a couple more P7M8s in the next week or two. A customer was picking one up while I was there as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm looking for USP Fullsize or compact stainless steel .45 and/or 9mm. Anybody got these in stock or willing to sell?
If you're in Nor Cal, Imbert and Smither's in San Carlos had 2 USP's in 9mm I believe. They were both blue and I think the price was $650ish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the Castro Valley Gun Shop and the BullsEye store in San Rafael are somehow connected.
They are owned by the same people. I bought my USP40 from Bullseye, can't recommend them enough, they were awesome. They also own Marin Firearms in Novato (which is where I currently live).

The other one I'd recommend is the Gun Room in Elk Grove, I've never seen a nicer gun store and range.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you're in Nor Cal, Imbert and Smither's in San Carlos had 2 USP's in 9mm I believe. They were both blue and I think the price was $650ish.
I have a USP40C SS, but last time i heard the SS models are banned in California for whatever stupid reason. The only way i was able to get mine was through a transfer. So, I dont know if you will be able to get any SS models in California, but Targetmasters West in Milpitas has a few HK USP's in stock all blued. Reed Sport Shop in San Jose has some in stock too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The Gun Room in Elk Grove.

River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento.

These are the closest ones to me anyway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a USP40C SS, but last time i heard the SS models are banned in California for whatever stupid reason. The only way i was able to get mine was through a transfer. So, I dont know if you will be able to get any SS models in California, but Targetmasters West in Milpitas has a few HK USP's in stock all blued. Reed Sport Shop in San Jose has some in stock too.
Sorry. Forgot to add they were on consignment.
One already sold and the other was a lefty according to my friend.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I suggest Reed's Sport Shop in SJ. They tend to discount their pistols off the MSRP, so you can usually get pretty good deals there. Last week when I went, I they had a bunch of the full size and compact USPs, as well as the expert model, and a bunch of p2000s.

·
Registered
66 Posts
River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento has uspc 9mm stainless. I bought it from them and their price is extremely high...maybe because it's in CA I don't know. The price was $899 and that's with no night sites and two mags. Crazy huh.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I do not know if you Cali guys are aware but CDNN is now shipping certain pistols to California. I got my new catalog about a week ago and it has alot of NIB H&K pistols that are priced great and Cali-approved. Just a heads up as you guys seem to have it the worst in country (and I though NJ was bad!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Northern CA is the bay area now?
If you live in far northern CA (I guess...) you could always go to Nice Shot indoor shooting range in Redding. He is a H&K licensed dealer and is also a class III title dealer for LEO's. If he doesn't have it (or can't get it) it isn't out there to be had. The owner is a great guy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento has uspc 9mm stainless. I bought it from them and their price is extremely high...maybe because it's in CA I don't know. The price was $899 and that's with no night sites and two mags. Crazy huh.
Leaping lizards batman!!
They had a USP40c SS in there about 4 months ago for about $600. I should have bought it but passed because they wouldn't let me remove the slide to check for wear.

Then again...these are kinda hard to get here in the occupied republic...

·
Registered
34 Posts
i know this is a stupid question but why is the SS not legal in cali any more? i have a 9mm SS that a friend wanted but if they gonna be special i might keep it. what would this be worth?

side note i wonder if my friend new about the SS being banned, and thats why he wanted it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i didn't know ss is not allowed is cali anymore? Is this really the fact? If it is...i'm keeping mine. :)
Yup i got mine through a private party transfer. They told me i was lucky because thats the only way you'll get a SS in cali

1 - 20 of 34 Posts