HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seemed to have moved almost entirely to hammer fired HK pistols. Always from several brands of striker fired pistols including the VP9. The VP9 is a really nice gun and I enjoyed shooting it. That said I have yet to find a striker fired trigger that holds up to the single action mode any of HKs other guns. For me mostly the HK45 and P309MM. Am I the only one that feels this way! The whole first shot thing with a Da first I
iMHO is a lot to do about nothing. If one really can't adapt you can always get a frame safety model and carry cocked and locked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Personal preference thing. As far as my VP9 I agree the SA trigger release is better on my hammer fired HKs. I have another German made striker fired pistol however that is just as good if not better.

As far as DA I am fine with it holding the pistol with two hands but struggle one handed. My P30SK LEM took care of that problem.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
My LEM triggered 45s (full size and compact) are really nice, similar to VP9, yet different.
The SA pull on hammer fired, not as distinct wall as VP9, and seems just a touch lighter pull.

·
Registered
17 Posts
funny, I just picked up a p30s because of it being hammer fired but I swear my vp9 trigger feels better. when pressing them at the same time the vp always breaks first. hoping the p30 just needs a few thousand rounds thru it like the vp has to break it in

·
Registered
71 Posts
funny, I just picked up a p30s because of it being hammer fired but I swear my vp9 trigger feels better. when pressing them at the same time the vp always breaks first. hoping the p30 just needs a few thousand rounds thru it like the vp has to break it in
Because that's the epitome of precision... lol that's just the difference in travel distance.

I prefer DA/SA too. When my P7 isn't available anyway.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've owned a few DA/SA HKs over the years. Right now I only have two P7 pistols, and it will probably stay that way.

You owe it to yourself to shoot a Steyr M or L model. :690:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts