HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called HK today, They told me 6 weeks for both the HK45 and Hk45c. They had told me before that the compact wouldn't be out till next year....... The question is, Do I belive them????

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
One can only hope that this is accurate information but you can never really be too sure when dealing with HK. I would love to have the HK45 by the end of the year.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yeah, but my P30 was worth every grueling moment of the wait.
I know! The P30 is great and definitely worth the wait. I just hope the HK45 is the same.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I called in June and they told me Sept. I called in Sept and they told me Nov. One starts to wondering when, if ever, the HK45 will come out.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been calling once amonth for the past few months and I have been told mid november by LE sales for the past few months. 6 weeks would put us in to that ime frame..... WHO KNOWS........

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sure you can believe them. They didn't give you a reference point for the start of the six weeks :) I like HK as they make good product, but you gotta wonder about their marketing department's IQ at times. Piss off enough people with incessant delays or lines of BS and it will come back to haunt you.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Piss off enough people with incessant delays or lines of BS and it will come back to haunt you.
OR we will be lemmings and all buy HK416 after they ignored us for years!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
If this is true, I would have a great Christmas gift......too bad that it is not likely.

·
Registered
112 Posts
OR we will be lemmings and all buy HK416 after they ignored us for years!!!
Not me, or at least not likely. Too much competition in the piston driven AR department. LeitnerWeaise is in the lead for me quickly followed by MagPul. Unless there is somethng dramatic with the other two the 416 is too little too late. The HK45 on the other hand is a different story. My G21SF is good, but I am hoping that the ergos of the HK45 will be much better.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I can't imagine putting the Magpul ahead of the Delta approved 416. Give me the 416 over the XM-8 copy any day.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Greg, that's a great point! If the 416 is good enough for delta, why would anyone want to say they would consider LWRC or magpul masada first? I'm sure both of them are quality rifles. But neither are being used by people who are in harms way with there choice of rifles to defend them selves with!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I really want the HK45 to hurry up and come out. Originally it was supposed to come out in the fall of 06. Right now it is between that and a Glock 21sf for a duty gun.

As for the 416 I will probably not be getting one. My 6920 will run all day long and I hardly have the same needs as a Delta operator. The real advantage I see with the piston would be with full auto fire, which most of us will not have anyway. The DI AR system is Marine approved and in my opinion that is as good of an endorsement as a rifle being Delta approved.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I bet we won't see the HK 45 until March of 08. Sad but true gentlemen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts