HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly is the LEM trigger? I can't find any details on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind......

I finally found the details on Wikipedia.

"The LEM trigger is basically HK's version of SIG's DAK trigger and vice versa. According to the company, the LEM trigger allows for faster follow-up shots (repeat shots) on target than a standard double-action-only system, due to a lighter trigger pull (7.3–8.5 lbf) and shorter trigger reset than standard DAO trigger systems. The LEM trigger utilizes a two-piece "pre-cocked hammer" comprised of a cocking piece and an external hammer. The hammer is pre-cocked when a round is chambered (slide is cycled). The LEM system supposedly also provides for more reliable primer ignition, since it utilizes a stronger hammer spring.

The LEM trigger can be installed on existing USP compact pistols that were purchased before the LEM trigger came on the market -- either by a certified gunsmith or by sending the pistol directly to Heckler & Koch. In addition, the USP compact pistol can retain its external safety even with the LEM trigger -- making it the only modified double-action pistol with an external safety for added peace of mind. The LEM USP compact pistol with external safety also appeals to M1911 aficionados who are trained to deactivate the safety while drawing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_USP

·
Registered
195 Posts
I saw a "LEM trigger kit for the Full size USP 9mm for sale in CDNN website. I got the same question?

Will this be the pre-cocked style one I like that comes on the P2000 and Para-Ord's? Or just a 15+lb double action only like the old 1990's cop trigger?

They're 50 bucks cheap, some I might just try one out. I think I should be able to install it myself, I just got a PDF file of the HK USP Armorers guide.

PM me if you want me to email to you

Did any of you buy that trigger from CDNN? Was it one of those sweet pre-cocked LEM triggers?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts