HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love HK's for every reason EXCEPT their triggers. I have 2 USP's. It seems that every time I pick up someone elses gun at the range I'm reminded of how bad hk's triggers are. What can I do to upgrade the trigger. Sig does a 'trigger job' on their guns, people send their 911's for trigger work. Is there any such 'work' to be done on my guns? Thanks

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
If they are fullsize USPs you can install the Match Trigger.

I personally don't find the USPs single action that bad. Consequently, all my USPs are Variant 9 (I don't really see the need for double action).

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've found that spray lubes with teflon (ptfe) will improve the trigger pull temporarily.
I use Penetro 90.

Obviously, keep penetrating oil away from ammo and primers, but it has helped some with my USP .45 trigger.

Even though my USP has a less than perfect trigger, it's still my most accurate auto pistol.

I guess we just have to lean to live with it because the internal parts are coated and hardened, so I don't think you want any 1911 cranks messing with them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sauce,

USP full or compact?

Like the other poster said - if you have a full size the Match Trigger Kit is fantastic. If it's a USPc, you can have Teddy Jacobson do some work on it. He can be reached at www.actionsbyt.com

My USPc, with a trigger job, still isn't as good as my factory Sigs, but it's tolerable.

CMOS

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank for the replies guys - I'm gonna check out the match trigger for my fullsize. I guess my compact will have to stay as is. I'll also check out Bruce Gray.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I might be mistaken but I thought Bruce Gray was no longer accepting HK trigger work (thought there was a stick with this some where).
I havn't seen any postings of this. A few guys on sigforum have recently sent him their HK's and are getting them done with no issues.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I recently received a quote from Scott w/Gray Guns for work on a USPc. It's on their website also.
http://www.grayguns.com/docs/smith.htm

They don't want guns being shipped until they are ready for them to work on. I recently sat down with Bruce and watched him do a trigger job on a P226. He does nice work.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I personally don't find the USPs single action that bad.
Neither do I but it does take some getting used to at first.

I personally don't find the USPs single action that bad.
If they are fullsize USPs you can install the Match Trigger.
This will make an outstanding difference.

Summary: Trigger Time + Match Trigger = Good Shooting

·
Registered
11 Posts
I might be mistaken but I thought Bruce Gray was no longer accepting HK trigger work (thought there was a stick with this some where).

Hey there. I am an instructor for Grayguns and can tell you Bruce and Scott are accepting work on HK products. I know for a fact they have several USP compacts, P2000s, and a P30 there now. I am sending my personal P2k there next week and have an HK45 on order and will send it straight from the FFL. I can't wait................

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I stand corrected. I'll delete my earlier post so as not to confuse anyone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
im installing an lem kit in my usp, does anyone know if the flat springs included in the match kit will make a difference? what is the difference between these and stock flat springs?

·
Registered
381 Posts
im installing an lem kit in my usp, does anyone know if the flat springs included in the match kit will make a difference? what is the difference between these and stock flat springs?
Bump so someone can answer the question. I do think you might want to do a search for LEM kit and perhaps you can find your answer.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Yes, you can use match flat spring. It will give you lower trigger pull weight. How much lower depends on configuration of other springs (trigger return, firing pin block spring and mainspring).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bruce has been working on HK's longer than anyone out there and back in the day even made a long slide version of the P7. He is the only answer to this question.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts