HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a full size USP 45 & as you all know the triggers aren't exactly super smooth & light. I would like to make the trigger a little lighter and more usable. Would a 12 lb Wolff hammer spring be the way to go to lighten a couple lbs or does H&K make a light weight spring of higher quality? Eventually, after getting to know my pistol better, I will probably tear it down and polish the internals to smooth out the trigger feel. I want to be able to use it for a SD pistol so obviously I'm not looking for a comp. kit or 3lb trigger. I've heard a little about the LEM trigger kits, but don't really know much about them. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The Light LEM kit will give you a constant trigger pull of 4.5 lbs; much better than that first DA pull on yours right now. The LEM kit and trigger smoothing will give you a very smooth trigger.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Light LEM kit will give you a constant trigger pull of 4.5 lbs; much better than that first DA pull on yours right now. The LEM kit and trigger smoothing will give you a very smooth trigger.
What comes with the LEM kits? Will I still have a decocker? Also, my pistol was built in 1995. I've heard that the kits don't work with certain year models. Sorry for all the questions, but this is my first H&K and I don't even know anyone that has ever owned one. I've always been a Beretta guy in the past & still love the silky smooth triggers on them, but I've recently picked up a SIG and now H&K. I'm trying to move up in the world. LOL. Thanks.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The first thing you should do is check to see if you have a 2-piece catch, as older guns did not. See this LEM installation guide for more info. The LEM kit comes with everything you see below (link here). Even if you don't have a 2-piece catch, you can still upgrade to a 2-piece catch, and install LEM.

When you install LEM, you will lose your decocker. But you get to keep the safety lever if you wish. It will only function as a safety.

If you have any questions, just ask. There are plenty of knowledgeable folks here and they're more than willing to help.

Catch:

LEM Kit:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts