HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this is the right forum...but, last night was watching americans gun and they bought a full auto hk ump 45 from some guy with a machine gun collection....i didn't think civilians could own these...sorry if this should be in another forum

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
It was probably another dealer who was going out of business. Class 3's can have em with a demo letter from a Cleo. When they get rid of the license they have to get rid of the gun.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
American Guns' shop in Colorado has a full maker's Type 7 (10? not sure which) FFL license so they're buying it as a demo or on behalf of an LE agency.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
If the weapon is up for sale due to disposal of license, the purchasing C2/C3 is not required to have a demo letter.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
If the weapon is up for sale due to disposal of license, the purchasing C2/C3 is not required to have a demo letter.
Huh. I didn't know that. So if we're both c3 dealers and I wanna buy a post sample mg from you, I have to have a demo letter. But if you're going out of business, I can buy the same exact post sample mg without a demo letter?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
That makes sense. If the government is going to force you to sell/trade/give away all your post samples at the sunset of your license, they have to be accommodating with the rules.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Huh. I didn't know that. So if we're both c3 dealers and I wanna buy a post sample mg from you, I have to have a demo letter. But if you're going out of business, I can buy the same exact post sample mg without a demo letter?
Correct.

·
Vendor
1,323 Posts
NOT correct.
Only 07/02 manufactures can aquire post MG's from SOT's
not renewing their tax stamp. A C3 still needs a demo letter.
MM

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,808 Posts
<ding ding> hk21man is correct! But even with that tidy little bit of information, there are a *lot* of new contractors helping out the examiners and they may not be aware of this little gem. If you can get a love letter... get it. Tends to make things much easier...

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
NOT correct.
Only 07/02 manufactures can aquire post MG's from SOT's
not renewing their tax stamp. A C3 still needs a demo letter.
MM
Perhaps the ruling has changed. I know of several C3's that acquired post-samples without demo letters from other C3 dealers that were terminating their licenses.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,808 Posts
Like I said... The examiners might not necessarily know what is what. Wouldn't be the first time with a government type...!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts