HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of picking up a USC 45 and I wanted to get some thoughts from those of you who own one. Likes and dislikes? I plan on having the barrel threaded to go along with my Tirant 45 silencer.

Thanks everyone!:62:

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
It is a nice gun with two big drawbacks. First, the single stack 10 round mag is annoying. Second, the grip could hardly be any more poorly designed -- totally un ergonomic!

If you convert it to a UMP style, it is fantastic.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why is the mag annoying? Is it only because it is a 10 rounder?

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Yes, otherwise it is fine.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK cool. I'm sure I will probably pick up some larger ones. Thanks!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that Promag makes 20 Rounders, has anyone tried them?

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
You know, I really like my USC (Grey). And I'm not going to go the UMP conversion either because of the excessive costs when the best you will get is an SBR. I have picked up extra 10 round mags and I may look at a mag clamp/strap but even in 10 round "mode" it is a pleasure to shoot and quick to reload. I am going to SBR, thread the barrel, and suppress, but that will be the extent of the conversion for me. As a right-hander, I am content with the fixed stock configuration. It is definitely a nice carbine to own (far more comfortable to shoot than my UZI with 16 rd mags).

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info! It should be real quiet too with my Tirant on it.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
I have not tried them, but in general that brand is rather poor so do your homework before you buy. You may want to just stick with the 10 round ones because they can be had for little money -- guys like me selling them because we went the UMP route.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may try them as they are the only ones that make larger than 10 rounds. I have some for my AR and the work well.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have 2 and while their fit and finish are not perfect, they function flawlessly. I put 100 rounds through them today, no issues.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Get one since they got cheaper. They are fun to shoot in stock form.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Buds once again has them at $1208, great price!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I picked one up last weekend and shot it today...LOVE IT. There is a member here who has a conversion with a TiRant...Ill look for the video...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I will probably pick one up. I had already seen that video, thanks for sharing it. Would there be a problem with the Nielsen device shooting my Tirant on the USC?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I have not tried them, but in general that brand is rather poor so do your homework before you buy. You may want to just stick with the 10 round ones because they can be had for little money -- guys like me selling them because we went the UMP route.
Yup, I have a 20-rounder that I keep with my USC for 922(r) compliance's sake. As for quality, they're mostly decent with just one fatal flaw that can be fixed with a nail file.

Details: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-gun-talk/152208-promag-usc-magazines-5.html#post1159435

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
The link is misleading...click on it and in the bottom of the page you will see them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts