HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard form a stocking dealer that HK was dropping a number of different products and the HK USC was one of them. I kind of heard about this a while back but was just told by a delear today that the the USC is discontinued and no more will be sent in after 07. So whats here is it.

Anyone else hearing of this news?

·
Registered
217 Posts
USC regular production has already stopped for quite some time, but HK sent in a bunch of black ones this year. HK does this with their less than regular stuff as they cannot sustain a production line for an entire year. So they would make a batch, switch to another product and make another batch. So every time a batch is made, more is available. This is called by HK as Limited Production. Same thing applies to Mark23, SL8 and USC.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK...so they will continue to run them in batches you think? He made it sound like they would not longer be imported to the US as well after 07.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
They (dealers) ALWAYS make it sound like there will be no more, EVER. They do that to try and get you to impulse buy. Face it, most dealers are a bit crooked IMO. They always try to either pawn off stuff they have instead of getting you what you want (telling you it is DCed) or if they have it and you are on the fence, they tell you it is going to be DCed and you had better move now before the price goes up or the supply dries up.
Same tune we have been hearing for years on the Mark 23 only now on a different gun.

·
Registered
34,595 Posts
They (dealers) ALWAYS make it sound like there will be no more, EVER. They do that to try and get you to impulse buy. Face it, most dealers are a bit crooked IMO. They always try to either pawn off stuff they have instead of getting you what you want (telling you it is DCed) or if they have it and you are on the fence, they tell you it is going to be DCed and you had better move now before the price goes up or the supply dries up.
Same tune we have been hearing for years on the Mark 23 only now on a different gun.
Amen, on some dealers, brother! :43:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
+1

no more production planned for "this year" ;) im betting.

HK (as with most companies) do production runs of products. If they are all sold, there will not be any stoping of sales anytime soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Things are nastier here in PI. You not only didn't get the weapon, gear, accessories, and ammunition you want, in some occasions, some gun shops here will treat you like a TOTAL IDIOT!

Even if you talk to them and implicitly show you know what you are talking about the stuff indicated above, they will state:

1- "..will import it, give me your deposit" then after months of waiting you either still waiting or when you want your deposit back, they will give you a hard timel unless you show some determination that you REALLY WANT IT BACK

2- "...sorry, we dont have the spare parts, but it will last long, as long as you dont you use it often"

3- " ...did my fellow salesman/saleslady say that, oh, sorry, it is not within our policy, who is that again?"

You are still much fortunate there in the States!!!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Is it the "USC" in final production? Or the "gray stocked USC"? Are they going to be made in black only now? This PDF is very ambiguous to me.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,550 Posts
Hey BB,
Remind me to never be around you when you are painting <ggg>! You use a pretty broad brush and it looks as if I have already been splattered with your comment.

FWIW, as an evil dealer, I do not sell. People come to me and order exactly what they want. Of course, it's a very specialized line of firearms products that I am involved with. I give honest opinions and do not arbitrarily raise prices or play the DC game. I have been known to lower prices, though, when it appears that I have been stupid. I do agree that many dealers do play these games. But there are just as many, if not more, that do not. YMMV, batteries not included.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well we were talking about the new Black ones....so if it's a batch run like Colts 6920's I understand that but he said that 07 will be the last of them. Anyways I guess it's a wait and see. I'm sure Hillary will like to see them dry up! Did I just say a bad word?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Hey BB,
Remind me to never be around you when you are painting <ggg>! You use a pretty broad brush and it looks as if I have already been splattered with your comment.

FWIW, as an evil dealer, I do not sell. People come to me and order exactly what they want. Of course, it's a very specialized line of firearms products that I am involved with. I give honest opinions and do not arbitrarily raise prices or play the DC game. I have been known to lower prices, though, when it appears that I have been stupid. I do agree that many dealers do play these games. But there are just as many, if not more, that do not. YMMV, batteries not included.
Sorry if I offended you but I have to call them as I see them. I have been in hundreds of different gun shops, contacted thousands of dealers over the phone tracking down leads, and visited many thousands of dealers at gun shows over the last 40 years and I stand by what I said 100%. I have had way too many try to BS this old BSer. I know there must be dealers out there that don't play that game but I have yet to find one that is completely free of anyone who will not try and take you to the cleaners if it means a sale, especially those shops that work on commission or have to meet sales qotas. If you do not fall under that brush, wonderful and you are to be commended, but way too many do. Even my favorite dealer in the whole world have one or two employees that I personally have heard do this to the unwitting, and this is a dealer that I trust more than any other. However, the BSing employees I will not do any business with and others that I have on speed dial. They are the ones I go to when I need something. So, when there is a large wall to paint I use a big brush.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Oh and another thing a gun builder/dealer that's been around for 25 years told me the other day is the Dems are planning to ban everything that uses military round ammo, including the ammo. So if the military shoots/uses it we can't. Which covers just about flipping everything! Shoot I need to stay away from gun dealers for awhile as they are very depressing.

Sorry for the rumor mill and off topic, but I fell better now getting that off my chest.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hate to be cynical but I've yet to meet a good, friendly, helpful, honest dealer that I would refer a friend to. Most vary somewhere between ambivilent to nasty- even the one's I've frequented and spent some $$ with. Virtually all of them are absolute authorities on the topic of guns and love to pontificate- even if they know absolutely nothing about the topic at hand. I've heard more made-up $hit coming across the counter in gun stores that every other place I've ever been- combined. Thank God for the internet. I found a couple of good gunsmiths that do transfers for me so now I'm set.

If there are good one's out there- they have my congratulations.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Out of all of my experiences with gun dealers I've only met 2 who weren't, A. Just out to make a sale, or B. Complete ****s.

Hate to say it but it's true.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is it the "USC" in final production? Or the "gray stocked USC"? Are they going to be made in black only now? This PDF is very ambiguous to me.
I would have to believe that they are in the last production of the gray USC's, and the remainder will be black.

It even states on the PDF that:

The final batch of original gray stocked USC Carbines is now available for civilian purchase.
I am with those who believe that HK will continue making these, just that the rest of the production will be black.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts