HKPRO Forums banner

HK USC now in my Hands!!

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  chopperduke 
#1 ·
Just picked up my USC from my FFL yesterday and I cant believe how light it is! I am going to thread the end of the barrel for my Tirant 45, I can't wait to shoot it!:100000:

#2 ·
Congrats on the new USC. I bought one and converted it to a .45 UMP and liked it so much I bought one to convert to 9mm. It is lighter than my MP-5 and they shoot great.

#5 ·
Cool! I thought about the UMP thing but I think I may leave mine as is. I kind of like the stock with the big red HK emblazened on the side. Also, the 20 round US made Promags I got fit perfectly!:2300000:

#6 ·
I'm interested in doing the exact same with my USC/Ti-rant 45 I will eventually get all th UMP parts to do a conversion but...

1. I don't know who to send it to for the barrel work.
2. I'm 6+ months away as I might as well have it choped and threaded once I do a tax stamp for it.
3. What thread pitch are you thinking of using? I was thinking of a 16x1R to swap with my Mark 23 piston. Then I was thinking maybe I should do the more common 16x1R for possbile resale purpose?

#7 ·
First, you do not need a separate stamp just to put the Tirant on there, sorry if you already knew this. I am thinking I may just go with 578x28 so I don't have to buy another piston, and it makes for an easier and quicker swap at the range. It depends on what you are using now. Since I am using my Tirant on my Glock 21 now, for me it makes sense to keep the thread pitch the same. Also, I already have two pending SBR's so I think I may stick with the 16" barrel on the USC. For the barrel work, any competent smith should be able to do it, I have been asking around and I am being told about 120-150 bucks, but that is without chopping the barrel. Your last sentence made me laugh a little, resale? I don't sell my babies.. Let me know if you have any other questions.:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.