HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need an opinion which conversion would you do? And why? Looking into either one.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Having both myself, I'd go for the UMP conversion. Cheaper, looks more like the real thing since you don't have to deal with the extra receiver length, and if you don't plan to SBR it, it's easier to find the US compliance parts. Plus, you don't have to cut a hole in the side of the receiver like you do with a SL8-1 or -6.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Pick the one that's easist for you to get started on. You're likely going to end up with both of them eventually, anyway. That's what I did. I went USC->UMP first, then SL8->G36.

They're a blast, and will most likely be multi-year projects for you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
if you're a user, ask yourself what function and application

if you're a collector, depends on how many figures on your bank statement

both look uber slick in my book, with the G36 you'd probably have more versatility converting it from a CQB to mid range weapon in short time

·
Registered
172 Posts
if you're a user, ask yourself what function and application
^^^ Yep.

As far as rifles go, with how many HK91's and clones you can find out there, unless you are totally in love with .223 you can get a 91 in .308 for a lot less money/hassle than getting a G36 conversion.

Get the UMP, then get a 91 for your long-range shooting.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Where do you do most of your shooting? Indoor Range or Outdoors?

This would be the deciding factor for me as I have more opportunities to shoot at an indoor range so I would go with the UMP since it is .45 caliber. Also, I have a USP45F so I would only have to buy one caliber of ammo.

I like the look of the black USC/UMP but I'm not crazy about the 16" barrel sticking out there. Any chance you will be changing it to an SBR?

Everyone stop talking about the black USC/UMP, I love .45ACP and I'm starting to want one but I have two kids which equals no money for frivolous items. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts