HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a USP compact .40 and I noticed in the manual it was talking about a .357 sig? Can you order the barrel from HK and switch out your .40 cal barrel? Remember I'm just a newbie so don't persecute my question to ruthlessly.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm not sure if HK still stocks the .357 Sig barrels seeing as they recently discontinued importing the USP Compact .357. But well worth a try contacting them and "yes" it is pretty much a straight drop in. You can even use the same .40 mags for .357 Sig ammo!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I did the complete opposite as you. I obtained a conversion barrel for my .357 compact to create a .40 compact when I feel like it.

If you do not have any luck with obtaining a factory .357 barrel, I highly recommend Jarvis for a .357 barrel. I have a Jarvis convert barrel that transforms my .357 to.40 and it is a tack driver.

:92:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went the same route you are thinking of. I obtained a Jarvis .357 barrel and integrated it into the 40 Compact. Works like a champ everytime. Quite accurate too. Love the Jarvis product.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so then jarvis is another company which can be used for my usp .40 compact? btw I appreciate everyones posts, those were real quick reponses!

·
Registered
239 Posts
ML SEC PRO might be able to get them from HK. Chances are you can get a high quality aftermarket barrel cheaper, be wary of buying too cheap though, I bought one for about $85 and was sorry. My factory SIG barrel performs excellent in my 226, it came as a 357 with a 40 spare barrel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts