HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title reads. Have you had issues with any particular HD or range ammo in your USP .40? I have only 300 rounds of federal range ammo and not a peep of trouble. I don't expect any, but if there is a ammo that is a little finicky in the USP .40 in particular let me hear what they are. If you have a particular ammo that performs better than the others let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will take this as good news. There were a lot of looks without a response that is what I expected but just wanted to test the waters.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought a full size USP 40 fifteen years ago and I've put just about every kind of ammo through it and never had any type of failure or malfunction. Most of the time I use 180gr UMC FMJ of Nosler 165gr hp reloads bit you can feed it anything.

·
Registered
854 Posts
i seem to have more consistent groups with 180GR FMJs but so far I have fed mine Federal/Winchester/Remington/Blazer (brass and aluminum cases) cheapo TULAMMO (I dont advise these as they are steel-cased but we had to try them!)

defense ammo we have tried: Cor-Bon/ Hornady (xtp/TAP/Critical Defense)/ Federal Hydra-shok/ PDX /Speer Gold Dot and Black Talons...all functioned 100%

I 'roll my own' now also and stick almost exclusively with 180GR Berry's FMJs and Hornady XTP Hollowpoints

as I have put it in the past; just as reliable as any Glock and 4 times sexier!

·
Registered
284 Posts
They will feed everything that I've seen

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
I bought wolf once and had several fte so I left it and have never ran steel again. Part could of been worn extractor, spring but it cycles, brass fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts