HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yup, .40S&W to .357Sig just swap out barrels. Rumors have it that the full size usp had reliability issues 40-357. I have not experienced any so far. 9mm barrel swap might cause some reliability issues ie need different mags and recoil spring. You can try to find a 9mm usp slide but it may cost just as much as new usp. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
227 Posts
No issues stock. From all I have heard it is only the Full Size that has issues with .357 conversions.

For some comparison. I have a USP Compact in .357 that is a tack driver and I have a .40 barrel for it, and that set up works flawlessly.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Keep the 9mm out of the mix, it head spaces different than the .40sw/.357sig, it wont work unless you use entire top end (9mm slide with the 9mm barrel)

·
Registered
239 Posts
For some reason the 357 in a full size was a special order item according to HK. I have heard it's easy to swap in the compacts and P2000 series weapons. All that's needed is the different barrel, mags, slide and everything else is the same. I have done this myself with a Sig Factory barrel 357 to 40 and in a Glock with an aftermarket tube 40 to 357. I like the factory components better. Don't know what exactly the problem is with the full size 40 if any, but have heard the same reports from reading other's posting here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts