HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
752 Posts
Change to Federal Ammo for starters...WWB has had recurring QC issues...after I switched brands(before I started reloading) ran flawless without any squibs-close to 1000 rounds...*search WWB to see what I mean*

The double eject issue is just f*ckin weird tho....same magazine doing it each time or different mags?

· Registered
752 Posts
Try loading 10 in the mags...it could be stiff mag springs....if it solves the issue you could leave the mags loaded to soften the springs--I rotate mine 2 loaded and 4 unloaded....every 2 weeks I swap em

Post results...its a peculiar one and could be helpful in the future!

And welcome to the asylum...er...forum

· Registered
752 Posts
I buy second-hand mags when I can...so I can't say how tight 'minty fresh' new mags are...but it definately sounds like a mag issue....

Sounds like a stupuid question--but--are you certain you didn't overload the mags with an extra round? It is entirely possible to do (I just tried!) And easily overlooked....would possible cause additional spring tension and lob out a spare round....

· Registered
752 Posts
No im pretty sure i am not overloading the mags. Thats good thinking though. I agree it does seem to be a mag issue. I have marked the mags that i have had a problem with and im looking at picking up some new ones. IS there a place online to buy used mags?
You are on it bud! Watch the marketplace...they pop up often

· Registered
752 Posts
After monkeying around with my USPf with some snapcaps and some dummy-rounds (pressed some FMJs into spent brass with my Dillon) and watching the magazine/slide....my conclusion is that you should check the left side of the magazine lips with a caliper...my hunch is that the left lip is deformed and it is allowing the last round to "slip" as the last bit of spring tension is let loose by the extractor chucking the empty; since the rounds staggered themselves in the magazine due to the odd number of rounds (13) the last round should alway be on the right side, snapping toward the left to come into battery...which would explain why its hopping to the left....

Just a theory...not claiming to be a gunsmith :)

Another theory is the magazine follower itself being defective...catching a round early and instead of allowing the round to slip into the extractor, the slide is catching and the round goes rogue....

· Registered
752 Posts
Well i bought the gun new but i do plan on buying some new mags. After all These are polymer mags and the feed lips do look a little gummed up. I would like to buy some of the steel magazines. I think the gun is fine too becuase i had it for a little over two months and put about 1000 rounds through it without any problems.
The USPf doesn't have a steel magazine option to my knowledge...polymer with steel reinforcements

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.