HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Usp full size in .40 brand spankin new, and I was wondering the proper break in presedures... I know with rifles it takes some time to "break in" I have also heard that I shouldnt take it apart until I have a couple hundred rounds through it that way it gives the parts proper time to seat.. I have wanted a Hk for so long and now that I finally have one I want it to last a long long time...

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
All BS when it comes to HKs. Clean as if it had been shot, oil like the manual tells you to, shoot, and when you're done shooting, clean and oil again. They do not need any special break in and 99.5% of them are 100% good to go right out of the box. And I suspect the .5% who do have problems with new HK guns are more user related than gun related.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! I am so excited to go shoot it I can hardly contain it, I never understood how some people can have guns that they never shoot, I have had mine less than 48 hours and Its killing me letting her sit in the safe un shot..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome to the HK family. You will enjoy yours, they're great weapons and fast becoming my favorite. I agree with a pre-cleaning before you take her out, this way you get out any grease or lube that may have settled during storage and ensure (yourself) that it's ready to go. Some makers more than others can lather the stuff on thick making cleaning a must, with others it is not as bad.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know what you mean

My P30 didn't make it 30 minutes before I was at the range with a few boxes of ammo. I see that same thing with people that collect knives. They have a hundred or so knives that just sit in the safe. I don't get it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
498 Posts
lots of folks here seem to think that HK's do not need a break in. While I must say that so far all 6 of mine that I have fired have worked perfectly first round to last, there is still something that does happen during the first few rounds. Any time brand new metal parts are put together and work together, they will polish each other and create a little bit of wear. This is normal and actually a good thing. From what I can see, there is no reason to think that you need to do anything special for your HK, but it would be wrong to say that there is no break in at all on them.
Other than that, they come with a LOT of grease on them (I suppose because there is no telling when they may be broken down and cleaned, since many stay in safes for years and are never cleaned or fired) so I like to wipe them down before starting out at the range the first time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts