HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Have owned a number of handguns over the years including a P7M8 and a P7M13. About a year ago I acquired an HK USP Compact in 45 ACP. Have been carrying it on the farm for 6 months or so. I really like it as a carry gun because it can be cocked and locked, or decocked and locked. Shoots great.

Was not a new gun when I acquired it ... and the night sights have petered out. Leads me to the question ... are the standard night sights tritium based glow in the dark sights?

Question about magazines ... I have 8 rounders. What else is available? More capacity would be nice.

Last questions ... I see that a threaded barrel is available. What thread is used? What challenges are there in installing a factory threaded barrel? (I have a real milling machine w DRO). Have installed threaded barrels in SIG P220, SIG Mark 25, and 1911s.

Thank you!

Mike

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
1. Standard sights are non-tritium 3-dot sights. Factory night sights are Meprolight TruDot tritium so if you see the word TruDot on the right (or left if older model), then they are night sights.

2. There are 10-rd mags with elephant floor plate.

3. Factory threaded barrel is 16x1 LH. It is a direct drop-in with no upgrades required.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the 10 rounder would only be decent as a spare carry mag. Does the standard mag for the full sized USP fit as well?

Is the Heckler Koch USP45 Compact Tactical 4.66" Threaded Barrel 226347 the correct one?

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
If you can't get them with eight? I don't think ten will be much better. If you know eight is your limit, aim carefully and make em count.

·
Banned
18,624 Posts

·
Priest of the P7
5,321 Posts
Standard 10 round HK45 mags will also work in the USP compact. The mag body is the same as the 10 round "elephant foot". The foot is just a floor plate that helps prevent overinsertion which, if done too exuberantly and often can bent the ejector. Here's a photo of a compact with an elephant foot.
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Starting pistol Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Starting pistol

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was in an officer involved shooting. Between myself and my back up officer, the suspect was shot 24 times. We are issued Glock 21's, 230 grain hp's.
The suspect was still active until shot #24 struck him in the head.

Shot placement counts, and you can never have to much ammo.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was in an officer involved shooting. Between myself and my back up officer, the suspect was shot 24 times. We are issued Glock 21's, 230 grain hp's.
The suspect was still active until shot #24 struck him in the head.

Shot placement counts, and you can never have to much ammo.
Indeed, and thanks for posting! Being as accurate as you can (under extreme stress) counts for everything, and many will note that those were .45 rounds too. Stay safe.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Forgot to add the suspect was in the back seat of an SUV so the rounds were going through the front windshield into the seat etc. I was shooting strong hand only due to having a 90 lbs malinois going ape sh** in the other hand.
It was determined 4-5 shots were "fatal" 1 fermoral artery 3-4 chest shots, but the suspect was still active until the headshot.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Understood. I'd still rather have and not need than need and not have.
I understand and agree but how many times has a civilian shooter said "man I sure am glad I had a ten round mag I would be dead if I only had a eight rounder"? A LEO is a whole different story than a civilian. JMHO

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
I understand and agree but how many times has a civilian shooter said "man I sure am glad I had a ten round mag I would be dead if I only had a eight rounder"? A LEO is a whole different story than a civilian. JMHO
You can't have too much capacity.
But you can definitely not have enough.
Not willing to play the percentage game with my life.
I'm in agreement with the officer.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
ammo is kind of like money, you can never have enough......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts