HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy a fullsize 45. Any comments good or bad will be appreciated. I have small hands, some say they are big. Do any of you with small hands shoot one???

Bubby

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have small hands and I shoot a USP Tactical 45. To give you an idea, my wrist diameter is about 6.5" or so. I love the gun and how it shoots.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,392 Posts
I'm not the biggest guy in the world. 5'7" 135-140 depending the week! ;) But I have four USP 45 all of them full size and one compact.

The USP 45 is the best 45 I've ever had the pleasure of using. Yes it maybe a little big. But I'm use to shooting big guns. Or guns designed for people with larger hands than mine. But I love all my USP 45's and none of them are leaving me.

Either rent one at the range and try it out or pick one up. Whats the worst that can happen, you see that we're right and you have a 45 you love?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have short fingers and fat palms. The DA shot can be tough and is usually never on target, but I shoot SA fine I think. I suggest you hold one at the shop before buying. And really hold it.. try to get a good grip and just play with it for a few minutes... if its too big, try a .40 or 9mm. Or a Compact, IIRC they have a smaller grip diameter.

·
Registered
196 Posts
small hands here too.....45 full size aren't that big. If you can go to your local gun store and try on some other pistols, you will realize that it fits better than most. If you can't find a store that carry them, I think the grip size can be easily compared to glock 17....correct me if I am wrong here, but that is how they feel to me....of course the USP has better grip.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I have a 45 Tac. In DA I can comfortable get the pad of index finger on the trigger. I think having a slightly smaller reach helps with the USPf 45. It keeps me from moving my index finger's main knuckle. (I have yet to shoot 7 o'clock)

From the tip of my index finger to the end of my palm is 7in. Tip of my index finger to the begining of my main knuckle is only 3 1/2in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My hands aren't big...but I do have kinda long fingers, so I have no problem with the fullsize USP. I like the Compact USP 45 too.

If the fullsize feels too big, the compact may work for you, while giving up little in performance.

I am anxious to put my mitts on the HK45 and HK45 compact to see how they feel in my hands.

·
Registered
616 Posts
It is VERY important to hold the USPf 45 before buying, it is probably one of the most important to do so with. I have seen more people sell their USP 45's due to disliking the grip than any other gun I can recall. Make sure you try before you buy!

I have regular size hands and love the USP 45, but many people hate the grip width.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The first time I put a USPf .45 into my hand. That was it. I had to have it. I am 6'1" and 200lbs. I love the fit of double stack guns. The only single stack to date that I have not almost dropped in horror has been my P7.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I'm a fairly good sized guy so I don't have your problem. However, I know several that do and they enjoy shooting the USPF in 45ACP

G

·
i have large hands. the 9mm/40 frames are almost perfect, but just SLIGHTLY too small for me. sometimes i must bunch my fingers up on the grip to remove the mag (So my pinky doesnt get jammed in the magwell) something those new fangled p30 owners dont have to worry about as much!

its hard to say what you'd like better because people are obviously very different.

with the extended floorplate magazine, i think its really not a factor. with flush fitting mags the difference is more obvious. the .45 frame fits nicer for me, as it still leaves even my large fingers with room to move

·
Registered
851 Posts
A wrist diameter of 6.5" is not small at all...In fact, that's extremely large and freakishly thick. No offense.
No offense taken, but my wrist are not extremely large nor thick. I guess I worded it wrong and meant 6.5" in circumference. I'm about 5'7" tall and weigh 150lbs and most of that is in my gut, lol :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
I gotta say I love mine. I have huge hands but my daughter, (almost 17) loves it too and her hands are not nearly as big. And she's a crack shot!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts