HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you folks like them??? Do you believe they are as accurate as the sig 220??? If there is anything I need to look for, problem wise, please let me know.

Bubby

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I like it a lot better than the SIG 220. It is lighter and has a higher mag capacity. Plus, and the real clincher, it feels better in my hand than the SIG does and fit is everything. The USP is not as good to ME as the USPC .45 (better fit than even the USP) but it is a close also ran.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I love my USP 45 full size. I carry 40 for work because that's what our company wants but I love the 45. when I go to the range just to practice or plink, I usually shoot some .22, and little 40 for carry practice and always some 45

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just traded a P220 for a USP 45f. I really liked the feel of the sig and it fit my hand like a glove. It was also the softest shooting 45 I have ever shot. However, I had reliability issues with it and decided to try the HK. With only a couple hundered rounds through the USP, I shot better with the Sig and liked the P220 recoil characteristics better, but the HK seems to work better and seems to be made better.

Personally, I think that the quality of the newer Sigs is not what it used to be. I had some finish issues with mine (poor machining under the slide), I saw similar issues with one other P220, and I have read about numerous "QC" type issues of late. My wife has a P229 that has been great and my P228 hasn't had any issues. I am a bit shy of anything produced in the last year or so though...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the SIG P220 Equinox carry .45 and i just got the H&K USPC .45 and i will say that the H&K is better all around for me. Feels better, shoots better, and is actually easy to carry conceal. JMO. The SIG feels thick & slick to me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the usp 45 tac and I like it. I shoot well with it. I had a sig 226 and I could'nt shoot well with it. It just depends on the individual. The gun has to feel good in your hands as well as you need to shoot well with it regardless of make.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Buy one and you will be glad you did.
I love mine and will never part with it.
Accurate, Realiable, and easy to shoot.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The USPf 45 is capable of greater innate accuracy than most shooters. In terms of quality, reliability, and general function it is the clear winner vs. the SIG.

I carry one daily, and am that much more comfortable and confident because of it.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,392 Posts
I have two Sig P220's and 2 plain jane USP 45's. I love my USP 45's!

I'd take a P226 over a USP 9mm. I'd take a USP 45 over a P220.

·
Registered
62 Posts
When I was buying my USPf45 back in 95 I was torn between it and the Sig 220. It really came down to the natural pointing ability for me. Accuracy between the two is negligible at best and ammo selection can really skew the numbers. Reliability, dunno. I've never shot the heck out of a 220 but I've also never seen one that wasn't reliable. I know my USP is reliable and that is good enough for me. As far as I'm concerned I'd carry both and feel very comfortable either way. If I was going to buy a 220 I'd get the new single action only one they now make. That looks very promising.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts