HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, Hello all - From California! I've been a long time lover of HK since my counter-strike days ;), and have recently purchased an HKUSP .45 - Life is... Just a little bit better now. It's Glorious.

My question is, and please excuse my newbieness if this is crazy, but - Is it possible use a USP Expert 45 Full Size barrel in a normal USP45 Full Size.

From what I've found, and it's been very little; it should fit, however protrude out the end of my pistol a bit (similar to the protrusion of a USP tactical).

Could anyone confirm whether or not this is:

1. Possible - to equip the expert barrel in the normal USP
2. True - It would protrude similar to a tactical
3. It would be a good idea.

Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Without going into the safe to swap parts I see no reason why he could not aside from that he may need to remove the o ring from the bbl and maybe use a tactical/expert recoil assembly due to timing (though I suspect that would be unnecessary).

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Hkparts (supporting vendor) lists them as compatible and has it in stock.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Interesting, thought I read a while back that it could not. My mistake OP, disregard my post. And thanks for the correction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the quick responses guys.

I too found that link on HK parts, and e-mailed them regarding this question as well (no response from them which ultimately led me to joining this forum).

Ultimately this is for cosmetics, as the tactical isn't legal in California, and I'm not interested in getting the barrel with shaved threads :(

I'll attempt to contact them again, hopefully they'll respond this time.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Thank you for the quick responses guys.

I too found that link on HK parts, and e-mailed them regarding this question as well (no response from them which ultimately led me to joining this forum).

Ultimately this is for cosmetics, as the tactical isn't legal in California, and I'm not interested in getting the barrel with shaved threads :(

I'll attempt to contact them again, hopefully they'll respond this time.

Thanks again!
I suggest going directly to the source. Contact HK customer service and explain why you wish to try that barrel since you are in CA and they will give you the most accurate answer you could ask for. After all, their engineers made it all. Also, if they have that barrel available and it will work, they would be your best price more than likely. I myself would not rely on third party information on anything that could possibly end in a catastrophic event. My guess is that it could work, but I would not risk my shooting hand and/or more finding out the hard way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts