HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently carry a P228 (9mm) but am thinking about switching to the USP 45c. I have always used 9mm for carry due to the ease of fast follow-up shots so I am curious as to how the little USP handles the recoil.

I don't have a problem with follow-up shots on my HK USP 45f, so if the compact handles similar, that would be just fine by me. I like the P228 just fine, but it doesn't do anything special, is a tad large, and it is blued (which requires a bit of attention after being carried IWB).

Any general advice out there on the little USP 45? I'll have to offload the P228 if I decide to do this and don't want to regret the trade, but I honestly think I'll carry the USP more.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I have one, and have no problems with it for recoil. In fact it recoils lighter then my two 1911s do. In fact last Sat. I put 150 rounds through it and it never did feel punishing. While I encourage you to try one before doing the trade for yourself I don't think you would regret it. Truely a nice pistol. Add on the fact I don't care of sigs I would consider it a nice upgrade IMHO. :150000:

·
Registered
616 Posts
half the people I speak to think that the recoil of the USPc 45 is less than the USPf 45. Its the only pistol that seems to have a solid following of people that thing the compact model produces less recoil than the full size that I know of. Of course then there is the other half of the people that feel there is less recoil in the USPf, but still tend to carry the USPc more if they have one.

I highly doubt you would regret buying one, but its best to either try it for yourself, or if you cant talk to a few people who have shot the P228 and the USPc, I have not shot the P228 and my USPc has been at the hard chromer since I got it so I havent shot that either.

P.S. I find it hard to believe any 45 can have less perceived recoil than the USPf, other than maybe the Mk23 because of its size and weight. The spring assembly in the USPf which is so incredibly effective at reducing recoil is not the same as the one in the USPc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts