HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...Recently I purchased a USP .45F for my first handgun. I live in CA so it was a 10 round magazine. I was always told that the standard 10 round mag for the standard USP .45F was a flat base plate. However, mine had the extended finger rest, similar to the tactical mags. I wanted to purchase extra 10 round mags from CDNN which sell the extended floor plates for the tactical models...I have 3 questions...
1. Are the mags from CDNN that are for the tacticals identical to the ones that came with my standard USP?
2. Is there an advantage/disadvantage from the tactical mags aside from physical appearance?
3. Is $20 a magazine plus $20 for shipping a good price if I intend on purchasing 3 mags? Pretty much $80 for 3 mags.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Hey all...Recently I purchased a USP .45F for my first handgun. I live in CA so it was a 10 round magazine. I was always told that the standard 10 round mag for the standard USP .45F was a flat base plate. However, mine had the extended finger rest, similar to the tactical mags. I wanted to purchase extra 10 round mags from CDNN which sell the extended floor plates for the tactical models...I have 3 questions...
1. Are the mags from CDNN that are for the tacticals identical to the ones that came with my standard USP?
Yes
2. Is there an advantage/disadvantage from the tactical mags aside from physical appearance?
None, unless you hands are so large you need the extra length to get your entire hand on the grip. All HK USP full size .45 pistols now ship with two extended finger groove mags. The flat base mags are something you would need to order, at least order the flat base plates if that is what you want.
3. Is $20 a magazine plus $20 for shipping a good price if I intend on purchasing 3 mags? Pretty much $80 for 3 mags.

Thanks all!
Not really. CDNN has flat rate shipping of 9.99 so why pay $20 for shipping? Their 10 round mags are $20 but if you wait they often are on sale for 9.99. I'd wait for a month or so and keep checking their weekly specials (sign up for a weekly e-mail) and wait until they are $10 before buying.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks Big Bore! great info...I just checked CDNN and you're right, shipping is $10...I wonder where I got $20 from? I am in no hurry to purchase mags, so I might as well check back frequently to see if they drop in price...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts