HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...Recently I purchased a USP .45F for my first handgun. I live in CA so the mags are 10 rounds. I always thought that the standard USP mags have flat base plates, but mine happened to be extended, similar to the tactical mags. I saw 10 round tactical mags on CDNN and was wondering if they are identical to the mags that came with my gun. I have a few questions:
1. Will the tactical mags work perfectly with the standard USP?
2. Why did my USP come with extended floor plates? are they the tactical ones?
3. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the tactical ones compared to the standard?
4. Is $20 per mag and $20 for the shipping on the whole order a reasonable price? I plan on purchasing 3, so it would total to be $80 for 3 mags

Thanks all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
1. Will the tactical mags work perfectly with the standard USP?
YES THEY WILL
2. Why did my USP come with extended floor plates? are they the tactical ones? YES...
3. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the tactical ones compared to the standard? BIGGER GLOVED HANDS PINKYS DONT ROLL OFF :)
4. Is $20 per mag and $20 for the shipping on the whole order a reasonable price? I plan on purchasing 3, so it would total to be $80 for 3 mags ..
SHIPPING SOUNDS A BIT MUCH.....
Thanks all.

Welcome to the HK family ;)

DK

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: the tac mag floorplates... I bought some from CDNN myself, the shipping should only be $9.99 for 1-1000 items, I am not sure where you come up with $20 for shipping unless you split the order and got charged twice. I try to buy whatever I need all at once. I actually just bought a NIB 45F off Gun Broker, and I like the extended floorplates, I found Numrich sells the flush fit floorplates and swapped out 2 of my 4 mags, cost with shipping was about $20 for both. HK, from what I understand, is shipping all newer 45 full size pistols with the tac mags now instead of having the two different bottoms, experts please correct me if I'm wrong about that. The feel is just better, now I do lean the other way on my compact and prefer the flush mags there for better concealment. CDNN is a great place with good prices, I have used them for several years. If you shop around you are likely to find the same mags for twice as much, buyer beware.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,395 Posts
CDNN is an excellent. Thats where I get all my mags. 20 bucks is about as good as you're gonna get!

Where in kali are you? I'm in LA.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Orange County...Yeah, I think you're right about the newer HK's being shipped w/ tac mags...Mine is an AG even though I purchased it about 2 months ago, and she came with 2 extended floor plates (which I just learned is the same thing as the tactical mags). It cost me $760 before tax and all fees and came with night sights. Pretty good deal?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts