HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a retention holster.Holster will be used for CCW and also on horse back.Not sure if Serpa would work with the chances of getting hay and other dirt in locking device.Maybe Safariland would be better or just going with leather holster with thumb break.Open to any good ideas.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
AS you stated Safariland or leather will suite you best. I personally would stay as far away from Serpa as possible. Others will disagree but I think they're junk.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
IWB or OWB CCW? Are you allowed to open carry? Have you thought of a hybrid IWB Leather/Kydex? Might be kind of uncomfortable while riding horseback idk, but I have the Serpa and a Safariland OWB. Pleased with both of them. I did a waxpaper lining on the Serpa to minimally help reduce holster wear. Next im going to mod it to allow holstering my Tac with a rail adapter and tall sights.
On a side note... I would possibly be willing to part with my Safariland if you wanted to go that route. I barely use it (I dont like taking my rail adapter off). Used only a handful of times and only for range use. Very minimal firearm printing pressed into suede inside. Very nice holster overall just sees no use really. PM if interested

1 - 4 of 4 Posts