HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HK USP 9mm full size and I have an Silencerco Osprey suppressor. I ordered the threaded barrel for the USP 9mm and put it in and now it only fires a single shot and doesn't cycle through the mag.
Should I order the recoil assembly for the USP 9mm tactical so i can use the gun with the suppressor? or is there some other reason for the gun not cycling now.
Thanks for any input.
Barry

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Maybe try asking this in the NFA section. The people who know more about suppressors tend to hang out there.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
What is the ammo type used? jamesc asked the main question so that info will help. Also, a better description will be helpful. Is the next round not being fed at all? As in the slide just rides right over the round without catching it? Is the case ejecting? Have you tried different mags? Did you have any problems with your mags before?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Does the Osprey you are using have the piston or the fixed barrel spacer in it. For it to cycle reliably it should have the piston in it.

Silencerco - Osprey - Accessories

What is the recoil assembly you are mentioning.
SilencerCo ships, and most dealers stock, the Ospreys with a 1/2 x 28 piston (Nielsen Device), unless you request a different thread through the dealer. To use the fixed barrel spacer you remove the spring from the piston, slide the FBS over it and reinstall. By desing, the FBS cannot be used without the piston installed. So if bearhawk was using the FBS, he should definately know it because he would have had to be the one to buy it seperately and install it. Just wanted to clear that up first.

I would go down the road BigBoss is sending you first. Check the obvious. I really have never had a need to change the recoil assembly on any modern tilt barrel semi-auto I have owned, to get it to function with a suppressor (assuming it has a booster). My P30 w/ threaded L barrel runs fine with my Osprey. Case in point... I have a pre 2004 Walther P99 (prior to being Americanized). I bought a factory SD barrel and SD recoil assembly from Earl's Repair Service. The recoil assembly that ships from the factory has a black 50 newton spring. For functionality, Earl recommended using the red 48 newton assembly with a suppressor. So I bought it also. What I can tell you is the P99 fuctionns flawlessly with either of them.
If we were talking about a .22 or an unlocked / straight blowback design, I would say recoil spring. However IMHO, I would take the paths of least resistance and $$$ first. Good luck... Hopefully someone suppressing a USP 9 can offer some advice also.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Assuming the Neilsen device is capable of cycling properly...

1) Does the USP w/ the threaded barrel installed run fine without the suppressor mounted?
2) Is the O-ring getting chewed up and maybe impeding the cycling?

I would try to break in the barrel without the suppressor attached for a few hundred rounds and then try it suppressed. I would think 200-300 rounds would be plenty.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
What ammo did you try? I had the same problem (using a Tirant 45). My USP-SD would cycle fine with Sellier & Bellot 140 gr "subsonic" ammo if I was shooting unsuppressed. Once I put the can on I had the same problem. The gun would not cycle and most of the time it would almost double feed because the shell wasn't even close to ejecting. I had the "recoil booster" in not a fixed barrel spacer.

I tried again 2 days ago using Speer Lawman 147 gr. It worked like a charm. Clearly my USP doesn't like the Sellier & Bellot when I run suppressed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts