HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently traded for a BNIB HK USP Compact 9mm, V1 at a gun dealer. I have around $725 in the gun. I have not fired it but absolutely love all the features. My question is this: As I understand, HK no longer makes the USPc 9mm in Stainless anymore. Further, reading the numbers on the side of the slide (and with a little help from this site), I've noticed KK which, as I understand, translates to a 1999 production made pistol. The "test fire" shell has a date of Nov. 2001. Does this affect the value of the gun in any way? Did I pay too much? It's absolutely brand new in every way, with box, warranty card and everything it came with new. Have they changed the pistol in any way since then?

Any help and input on this would be great as I understand there are MANY of you who live, eat, breath and sleep HK. I'm sure I will be doing the same thing after I fire this shiny thing for the first time!!! Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I recently traded for a BNIB HK USP Compact 9mm, V1 at a gun dealer. I have around $725 in the gun. I have not fired it but absolutely love all the features. My question is this: As I understand, HK no longer makes the USPc 9mm in Stainless anymore.
Not true. They are still being made but no longer imported into the US.
Further, reading the numbers on the side of the slide (and with a little help from this site), I've noticed KK which, as I understand, translates to a 1999 production made pistol. The "test fire" shell has a date of Nov. 2001. Does this affect the value of the gun in any way?
Not in the least. Many HK pistols sit on the shelves for years before they are shipped out, so the date on the fired shell casing means nothing.
Did I pay too much? It's absolutely brand new in every way, with box, warranty card and everything it came with new. Have they changed the pistol in any way since then?
Sounds like a decent price to me. The only thing really added is the lanyard loop lock out device. It is of no concern not having it since you should not use the LL lock out device anyway.
Any help and input on this would be great as I understand there are MANY of you who live, eat, breath and sleep HK. I'm sure I will be doing the same thing after I fire this shiny thing for the first time!!! Thanks in advance for your help.
Good luck and good shooting. Go ahead and take out a second mortgage on the house. Once you get bitten by the HK bug you are going to need the extra cash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much, Big Bore. I feel alot better about my purchase. One further question: The magazine capacity is 10 rounds (it came with two). Do they make a factory HK magazine with higher capacity for this gun?

You guys are a WEALTH of knowledge! :)

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Yes, the full cap mags for the USPC 9mm hold 13. Now be careful. I did not see what state you are in so it is possible that your state, such as NY, CA, IL...still have state AWBs in place which limit mag capacity to 10 rounds. If you live in a free state you can get the full caps. Guns quite often end up in free states with neutered mags so that is really not an issue with the seller. It would have been nice if the seller would have swapped them out for full caps if legal in your state but they are under no requirement to do so.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again, much obliged BigBore. I live in the state of Kentucky and high cap mags are everywhere. I'll have to look for a 13 rounder and could possibly see if someone here has an extra one laying around. Since the guns cost a pretty penny, I'm assuming as much for the mags. It's not the end of the world, as if I really need the gun and popping off 10 is not enough, I will probably be in serious trouble! Oh, and I agree on the 2nd mortgage... I can see where HK could be an addition... Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
There are a lot of places in KY and Southern Indiana that might have the HK full caps, but do yourself a favor and order them from CDNN. They are $40 each and a fixed shipping of $9.99 if you order one mag or 100. Order a few or $10 shipping on one mag is a bit steep. Many places sell the HK Compact full caps for about $50 and CDNN is about as cheap as there is and they are a great company to do business with. Check out what is on special because they often have free shipping for purchases over a $100, $150, $200...depends on the week.

Checkout the specials page.
Until noon Tuesday there is free shipping on orders over $100 (code FS100) and only $5 shipping on orders under $100. Good timing to get a few!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just so happens that I live in Louisville... so I'll have to check out some of the shops around here... specifically, there's a shop in East Louisville (I'm not sure if I can quote a store name here or not) that will probably have them. If not there, I'm sure the shop I bought the pistol will be able to order... or I might use the modern-day ease of the internet and use CDNN, as I've read about 50 threads on how awesome they are. I apologize for taking up so much of your time. If you have time and can comment, how do the USPc's shoot? I'm assuming smooth as silk... I've had experience with Sig, Glock, Bersa, Taurus, Springfield XD and Ruger... I've never shot a Beretta (I considered the PX4 Storm in a 9mm before my recent USPc purchase) or an HK...

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
You can say names. Check out Kiesler's Police Supply in Jeffersonville IN, my old stomping grounds. I was like Norm on Cheers to that place and will be again in 730 days! Look up James or Corky and tell them I sent you. It won't get you a better price but they will get a laugh.
That east end store, Shooter's Supply, should have them too. I've been in there often and their prices are about the same as Kiesler's, about $50-$55 for the mags. You will save some money getting them from CDNN for sure.
Shooters and Kieslers are about the two biggest HK dealers in the Louisville area. Another that might have them is Kentucky Imports, but unless they have changed the way they do retail sales since I left the area they are very hard to deal with.

I am all in favor of giving my business to local dealers but not when it will cost me $15 a mag to do so.
Also, at CDNN for every full cap you buy they give you a free 10 round mag. That really sweetens the pot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, you know this area VERY well. That's awesome. I suppose you've been to Knob Creek outdoor range then, huh? I love that place (I love to shoot outdoors). You have been a huge! help. I appreciate it.

If they sweeten the pot, I'm all for it!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
You will love the way they shoot. Unlike most 9mm/40 pistols where the .40 is a beefed up 9mm, the USP and USPC were designed as 40s from the get-go then modified slightly to work with the less powerful 9mm round. That leads to the pistol being slightly over engineered for the 9mm but also makes it about the nicest shooting 9mm around. I have shot most of the guns you mentioned and the USPC is by far the nicest to me, but I have small hands and the Compact fits me like a glove.

Ahh yes, Knob Creek and I are intimately acquainted. I had not missed a machine gun shoot in over 15 years until we had to move to this God forsaken state. I cannot wait to get home. I was back in town last April for other reasons the same time the MG shoot was going on but could not attend. That just about killed me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts