HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the range and it was a great day. My SW1911SC that had given some feeding problems was solved today with three different kinds of ammo all my changing to a stronger spring and a different follower. Out of 75 rounds no failures at all as before I was ecstatic about that and hopefully this solved the problem.

The best for last. The USP-C 45 I recently bought had it's first day at the range today. I tried hand loads of the Hornady 230 gr FMJ, their 230 gr FMJ-FN, Speer's 200 gr TMJ SWC and factory loads of Federal HST(230 gr) and Ranger T in the same style. There was zero problems and it digested any and all ammo I gave it. Moreover, it was particularly fond of the 200 gr TMJ and if any had given a problem I figured it would be this one but all my possible fears were laid to rest. Groups were great with most being around 1 3/4-2" at ten yards with 20-30 shots per group. I'm most happy with this purchase and can't sing the praises of HK enough. I've had few, if any, out of the box pistols that didn't cause some problem initially and had to be tweaked. This is the best. No tweaks or spring changes were necessary. German engineering-what can I say?

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Glad to hear that. HK reliability is second to none. That's why we're paying big bucks for them. :wink:
I love my USPc .40. It was my first HK gun and holds a special place in my heart.

This is my USPc .40 at 15 yards.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's beginning to take hold of me as well. These are not too shabby for a first time with it and I was pleased in that these are about 20 shot groups at ten yards.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I only have one concern. When I took it apart to clean it, I noticed what looked like a small chip right at the ejector. I hope that's not what it is. someone say it ain't so.:570:

·
Registered
783 Posts
i just looked at mine.. maybe it's the angle of your photo.. but mine has a little black between the frame and ejector also... not quite as noticeable as yours.. .. Does it wiggle around at all if you try and move it?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nope, no wiggle. Maybe it's just cut that way as upon closer examination it doesn't look like it's been chipped out but a definite "curve" for lack of a better word.I don't have a program that allows showing where I'm talking about so it's hard to describe what I'm looking at vs the photo. It's on the right side of the frame close to the point of the ejector.Maybe this would help.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No-just directly ahead of it-maybe 1/8" or so.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I had another one to compare it to. It may not be anything to cause alarm but, it didn't look right and without a comparison, I just don't know.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Maybe to ease your curiosity, bring it to a gun shop (when you have time) that has a USPc .45 in stock? Compare them and let us know what you find?

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
The dimple shown in your USPc .45 doesn't look normal. Here are 2 pics from my USPc .45 that do not show any dimples or indentations near the ejector.
Click on the pic to see full-size, high-res photo.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I was afraid of this. Mine doesn't look like that. As I said early on, it looks like a chip has come out of the frame. Where do I go from here? You might know this being my first HK something would be wrong. I have no idea how it happened. Perhaps it was like that before I even shot it. This is not something I can fix...I doubt they could.

This may give a better view. You can see where it's been chipped out.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
I was afraid of this. Mine doesn't look like that. As I said early on, it looks like a chip has come out of the frame. Where do I go from here? You might know this being my first HK something would be wrong. I have no idea how it happened. Perhaps it was like that before I even shot it. This is not something I can fix...I doubt they could.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Your HK comes with a lifetime warranty so I'd say just enjoy shooting it and if something happens, call up HK CS and send it in.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just the looks of it, knowing it isn't right is what bothers me and can't help wondering if down the road the ejector may be jeopardized. Well, I can whine or go on with things I guess. Thanks for the pics. It pretty well showed what I was afraid of.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Hmm.. I just saw your pic. It doesn't look right. How about calling HK CS and find out what they can do for you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll give them a call Monday. The only number I have is 205-655-8299. I guess they could direct me elsewhere if needed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts