HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found a used one for $650 with four mags. Great condition and date code AE.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this caliber/usage or anyone own the same gun?

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have one. I think it's a great platform for the round. Handles the blast and recoil pretty well and is nice to shoot. That's a good price.

Regarding the caliber, I like 357 Sig a lot. The boom is fun, excellent defensive capabilities, it's accurate, and it is pretty much immune to any ammo panics.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a P2000 in 357S.

Great caliber, I reload so it only costs me a couple pennies over 9mm to reload. IF you don't you can find factory ammo pretty reasonable, but it isn't 9mm reasonable. I find the 357 easier to control that .40, it's just louder. Also with the wrong powder, it creates an impressive fireball when doing night shoots.

Chuck

·
Registered
130 Posts
Found a used one for $650 with four mags. Great condition and date code AE.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this caliber/usage or anyone own the same gun?
****e, at that price, I'd buy two! Great price for a great gun, assuming it doesn't have 100k rounds thought it (highly unlikely). I own one, an AA, for which I paid a lot more than $650. Get it now. Can't beat the round nor the gun. Sláinte!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Congrats! I would have certainly been tempted to bring that one home myself. Nice deal. Hotter and a more expensive round which could go through a barrel a bit quicker, but I haven't heard of any issues and what's "quicker" when it comes to HK's canon grade barrels? 150k? The USP is certainly a well made platform for that cal.
We need pics :biggrin:

·
Registered
66 Posts
If ammo cost is no concern or you reload then go for it. Always a good conversation piece to have odd or unpopular calibers in your collection.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey, 357 SIG is not an odd or unpopular cartridge. It will always have a small but dedicated following. I wish HK would have marketed a full size USP in it. Even so, I'm happy with a USP Compact and P2000 in 357 SIG. It is a flat shooting accurate round. I believe it is more effective out passed 50 yards than most other semi-auto rounds. It is what I keep in my car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
AgentHK - I hope you snatched up that USP357 Compact. That is a very good price if it is in decent shape. Last February I paid $800 for an un-fired one and thought I was lucky. They have become relatively rare and usually cost more. I hope you didn't miss your chance. You can easily resell it if it doesn't work out for you.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Good luck getting that pistol. It's a rare piece by today's obsession with the more conventional 9mm or .40SW. Keep in mind that reloading the .357 Sig can be a bit more difficult, with a higher rate of brass failures during reloading due to the necked down feature.

Dan

·
Registered
189 Posts
Good luck getting that pistol. It's a rare piece by today's obsession with the more conventional 9mm or .40SW. Keep in mind that reloading the .357 Sig can be a bit more difficult, with a higher rate of brass failures during reloading due to the necked down feature.

Dan
I'm curious as to your experience.

I've only put together a few 357Sig reloads (3000+), but this has not been my experience. I've yet to loose a single piece of brass and when using the correct bullet (long body to ensure neck tension) and decent dies, it's no harder to load than any other caliber.

Chuck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts