HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why should I choose one over the other (I can't afford both)?

I have held both and not sure which I prefer. They are very similar with the Compact being slightly smaller and lighter.
Its for concealed carry and I would get 9mm in variant 3.
So what are the differences?

thanks,
new guy

·
Registered
46 Posts
The P2000 has a standard rail, if you plan on mounting a flashlight on it. The USP-C rail is a less standard design.

I slightly prefer the USP-C to the P2000 however- as clever as the decocking button is on the P2000, I prefer the traditional lever on the side of the gun, it's just a little less awkward than pushing the button on the back of the slide.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i guess it would come down to if your a lefty or righty...the p2000 is ambi the usp is more for a right hand shooter

i choose the usp over the p2000, i think its built stronger...imo

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Pick the one that fits your hand better as they are both great guns.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I say go with the USPc! I have one and its a great shooter!!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I still prefer my P2000 over the USPc. Either gun is great. I intend to get another P2000 sooner than later.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Try both and see which one you prefer the feel of. For me it is the P2K but there are those that prefer the USPC.

·
Registered
127 Posts
USPc. it's built like a bloody tank. go V1. carry as a standard DA/SA or condition one cocked and locked. why go DAO when you could go SAO? P2k is too oh whats the word i'm looking for... we'll say modern looking for me. I like boxy guns i can't help it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It really depends on what you want from the piece and how it fits you.

The P2000 and the USPc are both fairly easy to CC with. The optional grips on the P2000 might be an advantage to some while others find the grip on the USPc perfect the way it is.

Since I'm a .45acp kind of guy it was an easy choice (USPc).

I also like the fact that the controls and overall feel is the same has my fullsized USP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I need to get back to the store and hold them each again. I wish I could put a loaded mag in, holster it and do my thing for a day or so to see which I actually prefer. What about field stripping, one better than the other?

Also can someone post a picture of the workings behind the removable backstrap on the P2000?

I am a bit frustrated with HK and their lack of model/item numbers on their website. In fact their website sucks as far as information goes. What is the correct item number for the USPC 9mm V3 and P2000 9mm V3? I see HKs for sale everywhere, but pretty much every description says LEM or has the wrong image, it makes determining the correct item number/product pretty difficult.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Prediction: You'll go with one or the other, and in a year or so we'll see a post of your's where you just bought the one you didn't get first. It's okay, we've all been there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Prediction: You'll go with one or the other, and in a year or so we'll see a post of your's where you just bought the one you didn't get first. It's okay, we've all been there.
The only thing that stops me from owning every gun I see is my lack of funds.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for all the replies.
Also can someone post a picture of the workings behind the removable backstrap on the P2000?
I don't have a pic, but it's pretty simple. I have a P2000SK. It comes with 2 backstraps. There is a single roll pin at the bottom of the grip you just knock out with a punch, and the backstrap then slides out of the slots it's situated in. You then push the other backstrap up in, and tap the roll pin back into place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm more interested in the mechanics behind the grip rather than changing the grip itself. I have seen pics of the basic field strip, but couldn't find photos of the grip removed.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts