HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post on this forum. My question is what is the purpose of the plastic buffer on the guide rod? Is it necessary? Will the pistol operate safely without it? I am thinking about buying this gun in 45 in like new condition, but I am concerned about the supply for this one part.

Best regards,
Canesfan

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I suspect they put it there for a reason, so probably necessary. I don't think recoil springs are in short supply so not too sure what your concern is?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am concerned HK will stop making replacement parts for the plastic buffer. Are they after market parts that would work just as well? Are the buffer very durable? Thank you for your comments.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It's a buffer right at the end of slide travel.

Maybe someone else has, but I've never heard of one needing to be replaced.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,380 Posts
The buffer on the USP Compact is designed to prevent the tang on the front of the slide from impacting the locking point on the receiver frame during recoil.
No worries about parts supply for many years to come. With how many rounds it would take to wear one out, just buy a spare now and you'll most likely be good for your life time and beyond.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
My first post on this forum. My question is what is the purpose of the plastic buffer on the guide rod? Is it necessary? Will the pistol operate safely without it? I am thinking about buying this gun in 45 in like new condition, but I am concerned about the supply for this one part.

Best regards,
Canesfan
Its a Buffer, the pistol was designed to work with it, not without it. If it breaks apart replace it or the entire Recoil Guiderod Assembly...going to take many thousands of rounds to break it I suspect...have fun trying! :D

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm not sure if in all my time on the innerwebs I've ever seen someone wear out the plastic buffer on a Compact. I'm sure it's happened somewhere, but I just think it's extremely unlikely and not worth worrying about.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've never heard or seen a buffer wear out on the HK pistol.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just go to one of our supporting vendors, or call HK yourself and order two spare recoil assemblies. I highly doubt that you will shoot enough rounds through the gun in your lifetime to wear out all three.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts